We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us! Windsor Park, part of a nation wide family of Continuing Care Retirement Communities, is seeking a full-time Cook. We are offering a $2,000 Sign-on BONUS also! This position is responsible for the preparation of food for residents. This position uses standardized recipes to achieve proper quantities and consistent high quality. This position must maintain a high standard of sanitation within the department and ensure requirements are met in accordance with CRC standards as well as federal, state, and local regulation.
In this role, the Cook will:
- Check production and prep sheets for daily assignments and with production supervisor for any special assignments.
- Prepare necessary food for lunch/dinner according to production sheet.
- Set up lunch for residents according to steam table diagram.
- Prepare sandwiches as necessary for residents' lunch/dinner
- Break down and clean up serving line and all other food areas.
- Properly record all left-overs; labels, dates and properly store.
- Prepare all necessary foods for supper meal according to production sheets.
- Complete all prep items according to prep sheet.
- Assist with set-up of steam table for supper.
- Take and record temperatures. Correct any temperature discrepancy immediately.
- Plate food for residents as ordered with attention to appearance and garnish.
- Clean up steam table and all hot food areas.
- Complete weekly cleaning assignments as scheduled.
The ideal candidate will have:
- High school education or equivalent.
- One year of food service experience in an institutional setting.
- Current state sanitation certificate.
- Ability to read, write and speak in English effectively to use recipes, prepare meals and communicate effectively.
- Ability to perform math to adjust recipes and convert measurements.
- Understanding of standard food measurements and equivalents.
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, and follow tasks through to completion.
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff within the department and in other departments.
- Willingness to work and interact with older adults.
- Must be of legal driving age and have current legal driver's license.
For full time employees, we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing program
- Pet Insurance
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
Covenant Retirement Communities and CovenantCare at Home are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Apply on company website