We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us! We are Inspired to Serve! Come join us!
Part of a nation wide family of Continuing Care Retirement Communities, Windsor Park is seeking a Maintenance Mechanic, Skilled. This position will be responsible for providing skilled maintenance services to keep the facility buildings, grounds, and equipment in good repair. In so doing, significant contributions are made to the safety, well-being and comfort of residents and employees.
In this role, the Maintenance Mechanic, Skilled HVAC will:
- Perform preventative maintenance, operate, maintain and repair HVAC equipment such as boilers, chillers, pumps, campus split systems, mini-splits, ptacs, air handler units and cooling towers.
- Ensure that all equipment is working properly and in compliance with established departmental service and maintenance standards.
- Read and interpret data from a computerized HVAC/energy management system, charts, gauges, dials, thermostats; makes adjustments or repairs to appropriate equipment and instruments.
- Repair and install HVAC electrical and pneumatic components such as motors, compressors and heat pumps.
- Complete assigned work requests and assigned preventative maintenance work orders as assigned by supervisor such as, but not limited to heating and air units, auto/small engine mechanics, carpentry, appliance repair, plumbing, electrical, emergency generators, low voltage applications, fire alarms, valves, fixtures, locks in accordance with procedures and industry acceptable standards.
- Prolonged standing, walking, bending and stooping; lifting and carrying heavy objects on level surfaces and/or stairways, on ladders and on scaffolding up to 20' high.
- Inspect facilities, systems and their components for the purpose of ensuring safety and cleanliness, and identifying necessary repairs.
- Use a variety of hand tools and small power tools and other power tools.
- Maintain tools and/or equipment for ensuring the availability of equipment in safe operating condition.
- Require general labor and responsibility for event set-ups, deliveries and moves.
- Basic understanding and care of building systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot building and equipment issues as they arise.
- Willingness to learn and expand trade knowledge of maintenance and facilities.
- Availability to be included in the on-call schedule.
The ideal candidate will have:
- High school education or equivalent required.
- HVAC Certification or ability to obtain within 3 months of hire
- Other vocational or a technical school certificate.
Valid Driver's License in the State and good driving record.
- Five years of experience required.
- Ability to use electronic Facilities Management work order system
- Accuracy and attention to detail and ability to work independently to complete assignments in required time. An ability to recognize problems and implement the appropriate solution.
- Able to create and maintain inventory and part supplies.
- Work requires physical effort and manual dexterity. Must be able to lift 70 pounds.
- Good communication skills, verbal and written in English and the ability to interact with residents and staff in a pleasant manner.
- Interest in and desire to work with older adults.
For full time employees, we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing program
- Pet Insurance
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
Covenant Retirement Communities and CovenantCare at Home are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Apply on company website