We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us! We are Inspired to Serve! Come join us! Part of a nation wide family of Continuing Care Retirement Communities, Windsor Park is seeking a Social Services Staff. This position is responsible for carrying out the social service functions of the campus within the skilled nursing facility, which include implementation of appropriate programs designed to address the emotional and psychological needs of campus residents in multiple levels of care and their families. This position actively participates in the resident assessment process and in assisting the facilitating of inter-facility transfers. This position serves as a resident advocate within the campus and reports to the Social Services Director.
In this role, the Social Services Assistant will:
- Assist as the facility representative with prospective residents, families and discharge planners for persons in need of skilled nursing care.
- Assist with orientation of residents to the skilled nursing facility and services.
- Collect and accurately record admission data including social, medical and financial information and address questions and concerns and family adjustment.
- Maintain current documentation in resident's health record as it relates to the social services care component of the comprehensive care plan for each resident as identified by the interdisciplinary team.
- Assure that appropriate care plan documentation as required by regulations and need is complete.
- Participate in resident care planning meetings for ongoing departmental communication and problem-solving of delivery of Social Services to residents and families.
- Maintain contact with hospital discharge planners to assure continuity of care and continued physician service upon transfer.
- Assist residents and/or families in selecting new physicians as necessary.
- Assist in the communication of appropriate information to departments regarding admission or discharge.
The ideal candidate will have:
- High school education, some college preferred.
- Two years of previous experience on a social service long-term care program.
- Knowledge of local community resources.
- Understanding, patience and tact in dealing with people.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and good judgment are necessary.
- Attention to detail, accuracy and organizational skills.
- Good judgment, and able to work within standard policies and procedures.
- Dependable, have good inter-personal relationship skills, able to establish positive, trusting relationships, flexibility, and the abilities to deal well with others.
- Tactful and possess good communication skills (written and verbal, English), and be able to communicate effectively with staff, residents and others with whom this position has contact.
- Courteous and relate well to others, have genuine compassion for senior adults and the disabled, project a friendly character, understand customer service and team building concepts.
- Technology literacy and the ability to learn new systems.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Experience with Vision preferred.
- Experience with MDS preferred.
For full time employees, we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing program
- Pet Insurance
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
Covenant Retirement Communities and CovenantCare at Home are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Apply on company website