Location: Wine Rack #396- 563 Sherbourne Street, Unit 18, Toronto, M4X 1W7 Job Description:
This role is responsible for the day to day operations focused on achieving sales, managing controllable expenses and delivering controllable contribution for a store or multiple stores. Responsible for leading a team of Wine Merchants, ensuring the store operates properly and that customers are served following our customer service programs. Responsible for managing inventory, meeting customer needs and following merchandising direction. Responsible for developing opportunities to build sales.Key Responsibilities
- Recruiting, training and developing a team of Wine Merchants, CEC and MIT's, providing leadership and development through ongoing coaching.
- Ensuring appropriate and accurate inventory levels to meet sales and marketing needs while maintaining a high standard of store presentation.
- Sampling, recommending and selling wines to customers
- Operating the store according to company policies, company direction and government legislation.
- Controlling expenses to work within budgets and achieve required financial results.
- College or university
- Retail experience
- 1-2 year's of management in Retail
- Smart Serve Certification
- WSET level one and above
- Retail store environment
- Extended hours of standing
- Some heavy lifting required
- Must be available to work shifts and various days of the week
- Must be available to address store issues outside of regular working hours
- Must be available to work key times of the day and week based on business requirements
- May have the opportunity to manage multiple stores
We are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that reflects the diverse population it serves and we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are also committed to preventing and removing barriers to employment for people with disabilities, and we invite you to inform us should you have any accessibility or accommodation needs.
Apply on company website