Fort Drum Mountain Community Homes is a master planned community of 1,586 newly constructed three, four and five bedroom homes, four state-of-the-art community centers in addition to 2,249 fully renovated existing homes. The project also involves the construction and management of The Timbers, a 192 unit, one and two bedrooms, suite-styled apartment community for unaccompanied Soldiers. Additionally, Mountain Community Homes will provide asset, property, and maintenance management for a minimum of 50 years. The award-winning property has been recognized on both national and local levels for efforts in supporting sustainability, safety, and providing world class service to Soldiers and Families.
In the role of Director of Operations, your primary responsibility is to maintain and coordinate the daily activities of operations in each community, leasing office and/or regional office. You will oversee Community Managers, Leasing Managers and the property operations teams.
- Responsible for ensuring that all WinnHousingServices (WHS), Lend Lease and military partner policies, procedures, standards and reporting requirements are effectively communicated to all employees, adhered to and properly implemented.
- Responsible for complying with all company, local, state and federal safety, environmental and other applicable laws and regulations.
- Resolves and addresses resident complaints, disputes and other issues. Primary escalation point for community management operations. Analyzes resident feedback and address as needed.
- Provides high standard of customer service to residents through a prompt and courteous response to all inquiries.
- Ensures quality of work of all activities including oversight and management of property operations.
- Coordination with departments and communicating information to employees.
- Ensures community managers coordinate unit turnover with the maintenance manager.
- Maintains community curb appeal, control expenditures and monitor resident activities.
- Manages human resources functions for community operations including recruiting, selection, orientation, training, performance evaluation, incentive programs to maintain a qualified workforce.
- Responsible to assist in preparing the property's annual project budget and business plan for approval by senior management.
- Responsible for the implementation of and adherence to the approved budget and providing recommendations and solutions to community operations challenges.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate completion and submission of the periodic reports as required.
- Assists DPM, Leasing Manager and Marketing Managers in achieving and maintaining budgeted occupancy goals including occupancy marketing activities.
- Assists in creating robust community services and resident events that ensure high-quality programming, education and enjoyment for residents.
- Promote and practice Incident-Injury Free (IIF) and sustainability.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- May oversee the leasing process and procedures and ensure compliance with fair housing and approved requirements.
- May be responsible for duties of Director of Property Management (DPM), Marketing Manager, Community Manager or Leasing Manager in their absence or as required.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required. Bachelor's degree in business management or related field is preferred.
- 3 - 5 years real estate, property management or maintenance experience required and 1 - 3 years management experience required. Prior military housing experience is strongly preferred.
- A current vehicle license in good standing and meet the driving records standards outlined in the Company Safe Vehicular Operations Policy.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe.
What We Can Offer You
Great Benefits: We offer benefits including health & dental plan options, generous time off and paid holidays, 401(k) and education reimbursement opportunities that's best for you and your family.A job you can brag about: WinnCompanies is a nationally recognized leader in property management and development. Our team members are committed to helping people in the communities we serve. A job that challenges you: Our team members are responsible for our growth and success, and we challenge them to constantly be their best in our fast-paced workplace. A job you can learn from: We reward our team's passion and hard work with consistent learning and development opportunities. A team that cares: We value teamwork, innovation and mutual respect.
With 3,700 team members working across 600+ locations in 23 states and D.C., WinnCompanies is the #1 manager of affordable housing and a leader in developing and managing mixed-use properties, market rate properties and military housing.
Operations, sales, compliance, maintenance, marketing, IT, HR, accounting and finance. No matter your passion, your work at Winn will impact people who are more than just residents to us. They're individuals, families and heroes.
Watch this short video for a sneak peek at what it's like to work at WinnCompanies.Apply Now
Apply on company website