Technicians may specialize as a COM (Change of Occupancy Maintenance) or resident service request technician or may be utilized to respond to multiple types of work orders. Associates may not be able to independently troubleshoot, and problem solve more complex residential maintenance issues.
Primary responsibility is to perform maintenance functions in the community, including rental units, office buildings, residential areas, grounds and parking lots. Perform general maintenance and repair of building structures and associated mechanical, electrical, plumbing, sanitary systems and equipment. Ensure that all service is performed safely and results in favorable customer feedback which is documented by favorable customer service survey results.Responsibilities
- Repair, cleaning, installation of flooring (carpet, hard surface or other).
- Update work order status including time, materials and notes on mobile devices provided in an accurate and timely manner. Complete and submit all required paperwork in an accurate and timely manner. Keep supervisor well informed of activities, results of efforts, problems identified/potential problems, etc.; recommend corrective actions to supervisor.
- Maintain vehicle and vehicle inventory as prescribed.
- Respond to service calls, complete COM work and other property maintenance requirements including, but are not limited to cleaning, painting, interior/exterior decorating and maintenance, lawn maintenance, debris removal, plumbing, electrical work, smoke detector maintenance, repair or replacement of lights, roof repairs, heating/air systems maintenance, appliance repairs, etc.
- Transport, install and connect stoves, refrigerators, dishwashers and other electrical and gas appliances.
- Load and unload trucks and other conveyances; move supplies and materials to proper location by wheelbarrows or hand trucks; stack materials for storage or binning; collect refuse and salvageable materials.
- Transport equipment, furnishings and appliances to job sites.
- Repair and fabricate window and door screens and frames
- Dig, fill and tamp earth excavations; level grounds using pick, shovel, tamper and rake; shovel concrete; clean culverts and ditches; cut tree and brush; operate power tools and lawn mowers.
- Remove floor tile, sheet vinyl, ceramic floor tile and plywood. Remove damaged drywall.
- Operate power blowers or use brooms to clean roof tops, sidewalks and driveways of leaves and debris. Ensure work-site cleanup. 5. Respond to and complete on-call after hour emergency and urgent repairs
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 to 3 years trade experience, formal, apprentice, or work-related training.
- Multi-family community maintenance experience preferred.
- Vocational or Technical training in field of study preferred.
- 3-5 years of work experience in flooring preferred.
- Comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with organization staff, clients and visitors.
- Must have a valid driver license and an acceptable driving record.
What We Can Offer You
Great Benefits: We offer benefits including health & dental plan options, generous time off and paid holidays, 401(k) and education reimbursement opportunities that's best for you and your family.A job you can brag about: WinnCompanies is a nationally recognized leader in property management and development. Our team members are committed to helping people in the communities we serve. A job that challenges you: Our team members are responsible for our growth and success, and we challenge them to constantly be their best in our fast-paced workplace. A job you can learn from: We reward our team's passion and hard work with consistent learning and development opportunities. A team that cares: We value teamwork, innovation and mutual respect.
With 3,700 team members working across 600+ locations in 23 states and D.C., WinnCompanies is the #1 manager of affordable housing and a leader in developing and managing mixed-use properties, market rate properties and military housing.
Operations, sales, compliance, maintenance, marketing, IT, HR, accounting and finance. No matter your passion, your work at Winn will impact people who are more than just residents to us. They're individuals, families and heroes.
Watch this short video for a sneak peek at what it's like to work at WinnCompanies.Apply Now
Apply on company website