Wolverine Worldwide is a global marketer of branded footwear, apparel, and accessories. With an established global footprint that spans approximately 200 countries and territories, as well as a rock-solid infrastructure, Wolverine Worldwide is dedicated to advancing the following brands that comprise the ever-expanding portfolio: Bates, Chaco, Cat Footwear, Harley Davidson Footwear, Hush Puppies, Keds, Merrell, Saucony, Sperry, and Wolverine. Wolverine Worldwide's continued success is driven by our ability to stay true to our simple mission: we empower, engage and inspire our consumers – every step of the way.
The Corporate Counsel – International will be based in Wolverine's Rockford, Michigan Headquarters and will help provide legal support and advice for the company's core international business activities. Wolverine has a portfolio of over 12 brands and the Company's footwear, apparel and accessories are sold in over 200 countries through a complex business model which includes owned affiliates, joint ventures and third-party licensees and distributors. The Corporate Counsel- International will help provide legal advice for the Company's international business, and will report to the Associate General Counsel (AGC) responsible for International.
- Work with the AGC and the Contract Manager to help negotiate and draft distribution and license agreements and amendments for the Company's third party distributors around the world; help counsel and support the International Group on issues connected to management of such distributors, including contract enforcement, terminations, collection issues, compliance with applicable local regulations, and litigation. Assist in preparing and providing related training to the business teams from time to time; working as needed with outside counsel.
- Assist the AGC in providing legal support and advice in connection with the Company's owned operations outside North America (including Competition issues, general commercial contracts, real estate, product distribution issues, local regulatory compliance, employment/HR and immigration, etc.)
- Assist the AGC in forming, maintaining and advising the company's foreign Joint Ventures.
- Support the corporate governance requirements of the Company's subsidiary entities (e.g. annual filings, changes in directors, formations and dissolutions) and support Corporate Finance with tax restructurings, inter-company agreements and resolutions connected to payment of inter-company dividends, loans, etc.
- Collaborate with other members of the Legal Department on special projects and work overflow as needed (including M&A, divestitures, sourcing and logistics issues, general contracts and procurement).
- Performs duties consistent with the Company's AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Apply on company website