We lift economies and communities by advancing the way the world pays, banks and invests. Since our two companies came together,
Worldpay has formed the Merchant Solutions division of FIS. We call it "Worldpay, from FIS". In the time you've taken to read this one sentence, our platforms have processed over 8,000 transactions and this number grows daily. FIS stays ahead of how the world is evolving to power businesses, across merchants, banking and capital markets, to outpace today's fast-changing competitive landscape and help our clients run, grow and achieve more for their business.
We want all our people to bring their very best self into work, and that means balancing priorities and passions, at work and at home. We create teams without barriers, fostering creativity and innovation - behaviors that we value in everything we do.
Join us now to realize your own future growth and success.
As Worldpay grows, our need for a skilled and seasoned finance team grows. Being a player in the payments processing industry requires a savvy team of experts who can easily navigate the often complex and sophisticated world of rules and regulations associated with running a large business. By ensuring our finances are clear and compliant, we can monitor and measure our successes and discover new areas for growth.
The Senior Accountant I is a skilled professional who develops, implements and maintains one or more accounting system, such as General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and more. He/she will also work to balance the books, prepare profit/loss statements and may work on tax returns at the local, state or federal level. By applying a critical mind to accounting, he/she will uncover potential efficiencies in the process and work to continuously improve Worldpay's systems.
A World of Opportunity
We're turbo-charging our industry by nurturing the fintech experts needed to help our customers prosper. We don't try to ride the winds of change. We create them. We're proud to be shaping the future of payments by supporting the growth and development of our colleagues. We provide opportunities to learn and the flexibility needed to get the job done. We strive to hire the best and to create a climate where curiosity is king. So, wherever you join us around the world, we'll empower you to fulfill your potential. If this is the kind of career experience you're looking for, we invite you to apply today.
- Develops, implements and/or maintains one or more accounting system: Journal Entries, General Ledger, Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payable, Revenue Reconciliation, etc.
- Reviews and interprets financial reporting requirements, rules and regulations.
- Balances books and prepares profit and loss, cash flow, income and balance sheet statements.
- Monitors and develops monthly reports of revenues and expenditures for projects.
- Provides record of assets, liabilities and other financial transactions.
- May prepare federal, state and local reports and tax returns.
- May assist in the setup of processes and procedures that properly capture, track and report revenue, including deferred revenue, in accordance with the company revenue recognition policy.
- May generate revenue reports for internal and/or external use.
- May interpret reports and records for leaders/stakeholders.
- May be involved in reviewing, tracking and maintaining billing information in the financial systems, and ensuring accuracy and compliance with U.S. GAAP and other accounting regulations.
- Exhibits working knowledge of accounting principles and concepts related to role.
- Develops professional expertise and applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Applies knowledge of key financial systems including General Ledger and Sub Ledgers.
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Builds productive internal/external working relationships.
- Completes standard accounting processes within set guidelines.
- Supports supervised research, audits and issue resolution.
- Typically requires a Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 2 years of related experience; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent work experience.
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions for which reasonable accommodation will be made. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This position description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Colleagues may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their leader, subject to reasonable accommodation.
Apply on company website