We lift economies and communities by advancing the way the world pays, banks and invests.
Since our two companies came together, Worldpay has formed the Merchant Solutions division of FIS. We call it "Worldpay, from FIS". In the time you've taken to read this one sentence, our platforms have processed over 8,000 transactions and this number grows daily. Join us now to realise your own future growth and success.
FIS stays ahead of how the world is evolving to power businesses, across merchants, banking and capital markets, to outpace today's fast-changing competitive landscape and help our clients run, grow and achieve more for their business.
We want all our people to bring their very best self into work, and that means balancing priorities and passions, at work and at home. We create teams without barriers, fostering creativity and innovation - behaviours that we value in everything we do.
We are seeking Build and Release Automation Engineers and those interested in entering these specializations. The selected candidate will join a scrum team tasked with developing, maintaining, and enhancing Worldpay's eCommerce Engineering's build/acceptance testing/production deployment pipeline which more than a dozen other software engineering teams utilize for developing one of our premier payment processing platforms.
- Design, develop, test, and own the software building infrastructure and production acceptance testing pipelines that empower our software engineers to deploy our reliable, scalable, high-volume, high-availability payment processing platform
- Provide support for the build and production acceptance testing infrastructure to software engineers
- Troubleshoot performance issues stemming from our automated tests and provide feedback to feature development teams
- Support and enhance our production deployment automation
- Collaborate with other internal teams to distill business requirements into technical solutions
- Use Agile software techniques such as pair programming and test-driven development to maximize productivity and quality
- Familiarity with the tools of the software engineering automation trade:
- Automation Management: Jenkins, Gradle, CloudBees, Semaphore, or similar
- Source Control Management: github, Accurev, GitLab, BitBucket, or similar
- Testing Automation: JUnit, Selenium, or similar
- A "team focus" with strong collaboration and communication skills
- Ability to quickly grasp high-level business goals, derive requirements, and translate them into effective technical solutions
- Exceptional design and programming skills
- Our developers use Java, Python, and Groovy
- Proficiency with SQL, relational data modeling, and basic database schema design
- Ability to solve architectural and system issues involving scalability, distributed systems, and relational databases
- Ability to fluidly change context and priorities based on changing business needs
- Penchant toward self-motivation. These words should describe you: dedicated, energetic, curious, conscientious, and flexible
- Development experience with a unit testing framework (JUnit and experience employing TDD preferred)
- Agile and pair programming experience is a plus; willingness to try is a requirement
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as an engineer (Automation, Build, Release, DevOps, Platform, Software) on SaaS products.
- Typically requires a Bachelor's or advanced degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, or equivalent major.
- Continuous Integration
- Continuous Delivery
- Docker, Kubernetes
- VMWare ESX
- Terraform, Packer, Puppet
- Microservice deployment or development
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions for which reasonable accommodation will be made. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This position description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their leader, subject to reasonable accommodation.
Apply on company website