We lift economies and communities by advancing the way the world pays, banks and invests.
Since our two companies came together, Worldpay has formed the Merchant Solutions division of FIS. We call it "Worldpay, from FIS". In the time you've taken to read this one sentence, our platforms have processed over 8,000 transactions and this number grows daily. Join us now to realise your own future growth and success.
FIS stays ahead of how the world is evolving to power businesses, across merchants, banking and capital markets, to outpace today's fast-changing competitive landscape and help our clients run, grow and achieve more for their business.
We want all our people to bring their very best self into work, and that means balancing priorities and passions, at work and at home. We create teams without barriers, fostering creativity and innovation - behaviours that we value in everything we do.
We consistently develop and deliver new features onto our live platform. This platform handles millions of merchant transactions around the clock. These features along with our ability to consistently deliver them make us stand out in the highly competitive payments business. Our engineering team is critical to our mission - we are fundamentally a technology company. We succeed by offering innovative features to our merchants while retaining the reliability, quality, and fault tolerance they require.
We are seeking well-versed engineers and do not hire based on buzz word technologies. Our engineering team utilizes Agile Development methodologies and employs a collaborative approach to our work. Our primary goal is to deliver business value early and often.
- Design, develop, and test software for scalability, reliability, and data recovery associated with a high-volume, high-availability platform
- Collaborate with other internal teams (Product, Platform, Merchant Services and Support) to distill business requirements into technical solutions
- Use Agile software techniques such as pair programming and test driven development to maximize productivity and quality
- Deploy new features into production with zero platform downtime and no impact to end customers who are currently processing
- Build domain expertise in e-commerce payments and apply engineering expertise to develop new product features
- Adheres to bi-annual Credit Card Brands release cycles by reading specifications and delivering the rules into our codebase. This includes certification, roll out and monitoring procedures.
- Troubleshoots production issues dealing with our interactions with the Credit Card Brands.
- Maintains compliance with the Credit Card Brands (Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express) with guidance from our Compliance team.
- Work closely with our Fee Management team to ensure we correctly implement fee schemes by the networks.
- Ability to identify and deliver areas of improvement in our process and validations.
- A "team focus" with strong collaboration and communication skills
- Ability to quickly grasp high-level business goals, derive requirements, and translate them into effective technical solutions
- Exceptional design and programming skills (Java preferred, but we are open to other Object-Oriented languages)
- Proficiency with SQL, relational data modeling, and basic database schema design
- Ability to solve architectural and system issues involving scalability, distributed systems, and relational databases
- Ability to fluidly change context and priorities based on changing business needs
- Penchant toward self-motivation. These words should describe you: dedicated, energetic, curious, conscientious, and flexible
- Development experience with a unit testing framework (JUnit and experience employing TDD preferred)
- Agile and pair programming experience a plus. A willingness to try is a requirement
- Linux/Unix experience a plus
- Any previous experience in ecommerce/payments industry (specifically within compliance) is a plus
- Typically requires a minimum of 2 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree or advanced degree.
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions for which reasonable accommodation will be made. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This position description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their leader, subject to reasonable accommodation.
Apply on company website