We lift economies and communities by advancing the way the world pays, banks and invests.
Since our two companies came together, Worldpay has formed the Merchant Solutions division of FIS. We call it "Worldpay, from FIS". In the time you've taken to read this one sentence, our platforms have processed over 8,000 transactions and this number grows daily.
FIS stays ahead of how the world is evolving to power businesses, across merchants, banking and capital markets, to outpace today's fast-changing competitive landscape and help our clients run, grow and achieve more for their business.
We want all our people to bring their very best self into work, and that means balancing priorities and passions, at work and at home. We create teams without barriers, fostering creativity and innovation - behaviors that we value in everything we do.
Join us now to realize your own future growth and success.
Worldpay's growth is on the backs of every single team member. Building relationships with our end-users also entails listening to their needs to understand what other products and services may resolve their issues. By building a team focused on sales to our customers, we can continue to grow through channels we already have open. Further, by addressing hurdles for our current customers, we can continue to build trust and assure our future as their choice in a competitive market.
The eCommerce Business Development Manager will be dedicated to developing new accounts and expanding accounts with clients and partners already on board with Worldpay. By focusing in on an established geographic region, he/she will be able to target areas for growth by reviewing and analyzing business trends in the location. He/she will also make an impact on Worldpay's growth by working with established customers and clients to find new solutions for their evolving needs in our catalog of products and services.
The primary responsibilities of the eCommerce Business Development Manager will be to achieve a quota, effectively manage time, manage multiple priorities, be organized, and maintain self-motivation. The representative will be charged with developing and managing an identified market segment that is strategic to Worldpay's long-term growth objectives. Additionally, the individual is expected to effectively analyze customer information and provide compelling presentation of results in a consultative, solution-selling manner; Management of the segment includes scoping the market size, understanding the revenue possibilities available to Worldpay on an annual basis, forming partnerships with key influencers in your segment, and building top-of-mind awareness with key merchants so that Worldpay can earn payment processing evaluations when the merchants' contracts are up for renewal. This individual will also be involved in identifying new target segments, and collecting information that would be of assistance in developing product solutions.
The ideal candidate for this position will have established relationships and knowledge of the payments and eCommerce segment. Knowledge of the service providers and technology partners in this segment is strongly desired.
Rewarding Impact. Fulfilling Careers.
Making an impact isn't something reserved for people in corner offices. At Worldpay, it comes from people in every corner of the office. People with ambition, optimism and courage. We provide growth and opportunity and give employees flexibility in how they get the job done. You might not expect that from a big payments company, but we're smart enough to know how to hire the best and when to step aside and let them lead. Our goal is that you never stop learning and you never cease to amaze--especially yourself. If this fits your career goal, we can't wait to welcome you on board.
- Responsible for new account development within an established geographic territory.
- As an expert in the field, uses professional concepts in developing resolution to critical issues and broad design matters.
- Has knowledge of company products and services and may be tasked with introducing new products.
- Works on issues that impact design/selling success.
- Addresses future concepts, products or technologies.
- Creates formal networks with key decision makers and serves as external spokesperson for the organization.
- Consistently achieve quota and proactively manage territory to maintain appropriate mix of prospects at various stages of the sales cycle
- Close business with new merchants who accept card-not-present credit card payments
- Identify new merchant targets (not already part of Worldpay's extensive database) and key contact people within those merchants, loading into Salesforce.com
- Nurture your territory merchant base
- Sell to C-level executives within target segments
- Analyze prospective merchants' payment processing statements using intricate spreadsheet template and identify cost-saving and revenue-increasing opportunities.
- Deliver compelling Analysis Results presentations
- Attend tradeshows as required and pre-plan schedule to maximize selling time
- Sell as an individual contributor and be a team player, assisting your peers in the sales process
- Set expectations regarding contractual obligations of Worldpay Payment Processing Agreements, then address and remove common objections
- Negotiate Payment Processing Agreement price and terms to adhere to company standards
- Continually refine and develop best selling practices, including competitive positioning, pricing models, sales correspondence and presentation templates, and objection removal strategies
- Proactively contribute to sales team meetings with a positive can-do attitude
- Leverage the time of our Sales Administrator to assist with non-selling tasks, and delegate these tasks with clarity on realistic expected results and timeframes
- Maintain up-to-date industry, competitor, and referral partner knowledge by reading trade publications, websites, and corporate memorandums
- Diligently update Salesforce.com with pertinent merchant data
- Become a key member of groups, associations or committees that are crucial to relationship-building in your market segment
- Experience selling in merchant services, financial services or a competitive environment using self-sourcing of leads.
- Deep knowledge of merchant/payment processing in ecommerce strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of international payment solutions is a plus.
- 7+ years field sales experience selling complex business-to-business (B2B) services or technology to multiple decision makers, preferably in enterprise software (SaaS)
- 5+ years' experience selling to financial decision makers in transaction-oriented companies (CFO, Controller, Finance Manager, Director of Finance)
- Proven ability to sell business technology solutions to large companies ($250M+ annual sales)
- Proven ability to exceed a $1M+ quota.
- Existing network of business executives with whom you have cultivated trusted relationships
- Excellent presentation and writing skills
- Ability to thrive within a high-performance team
- Willingness to travel up to 50%
- International experience preferred
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions for which reasonable accommodation will be made. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This position description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their leader, subject to reasonable accommodation.
A World of Opportunity
We're turbo-charging our industry by nurturing the fintech experts needed to help our customers prosper. We don't try to ride the winds of change. We create them. We're proud to be shaping the future of payments by supporting the growth and development of our colleagues. We provide opportunities to learn and the flexibility needed to get the job done. We strive to hire the best and to create a climate where curiosity is king. So, wherever you join us around the world, we'll empower you to fulfill your potential. If this is the kind of career experience you're looking for, we invite you to apply today.
Apply on company website