Worthington Armstrong Venture (WAVE), a joint venture of Worthington and Armstrong World Industries, has established worldwide leadership in the production of suspended ceiling systems. WAVE produces metal ceiling solutions that can be combined with Armstrong ceiling boards as a complete package or sold individually.
Founded in 1992, WAVE operates under a long-standing corporate philosophy rooted in the Golden Rule. This philosophy serves as an unwavering commitment to the customer, supplier, and shareholder, and it serves as the foundation for one of the strongest employee-employer partnerships in American industry..
This position is responsible for all activities associated with computer numerically (CNC) equipment for WAVE Alpharetta manufacturing operations. New equipment is to be added to plant operations including a gantry CNC router and hydraulic press brake. This position will identify, sequence, and schedule CNC operations based upon production and delivery schedules. A CNC Production Operator must ensure accuracy of production runs by setting up, pre-programming, and monitoring runs for quality. Evaluate sample parts, blueprints, drawings, and engineering information in order to determine best methods and sequences of operations needed to fabricate products, and determine product dimensions and tolerances.Responsibilities
- Evaluate sample parts, blueprints, drawings, and engineering information in order to determine best methods and sequences of operations needed to fabricate products, and determine product dimensions and tolerances.
- Load/unload parts from machine. Measure and inspect. Learn to make dimensional adjustments.
- CNC setup activities indicating fixtures, loading and touching off tools, determining and entering tool offsets.
- Lay out, measure, and mark metal stock in order to display placement of machining.
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers and Vernier calipers.
- Examine and inspect the first article produced to ensure quality.
- Monitor the run throughout the cycle, checking that specifications are met.
- Interface with supply chain production planners, maintenance, quality control and all production staff.
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment, as necessary, with assistance from maintenance personnel.
- Import 2D AutoCAD files into CAD software for the CNC computer.
- Identify high-risk safety hazards or risk tolerance, and help to resolve them.
- Maintain all work areas and equipment in a clean and orderly condition at all times.
- Willingness to work flexible hours and overtime as necessary.
Measures of Effectiveness; including, but not limited to:
- Safety – OSHA rate, evidence of risk reduction, engagement in 8-Step Safety Process, near-miss reporting.
- Quality – Machine setup and pre-programming, part specifications, manufacturing repeatability
- Productivity – Continuous improvement activities, downtime %, troubleshooting, cost and scrap management.
- Communication – Training, job knowledge, documentation, production schedule agility
- High school diploma or GED
- 2+ years' experience as CNC operator or machinist, or other relevant role.
- Experience in using and/or programming manual, semi-automated or automated tools and machines.
- Experience understanding and writing Mastercam code.
- Ability to read part drawings
- Understanding of job shop fabrication requirements.
- Able to lift a maximum of 40 pounds
- Able to stand 8-10 hours per day at assigned work area
- Background check required
- Travel: 10-20%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk, stand, talk and hear. This position requires standing for extended periods of time during an 8 to 10 hr. shift, frequent walking, repetitive bending, pushing and pulling with both hands. Requires repetitive pushing or pulling up to 40 lbs. and repetitive tasks with the fingers/hands/elbows/arms.
Education High School Diploma or equivalent Essential Abilities
- Adaptability / Productivity and Skill
- Attendance / Dependability
- Critical Thinking
- Our Philosophy
- Quality / Standard Work
- Teamwork / Communication
- Problem Solving
- Equipment Aptitude
Worthington Armstrong Venture (WAVE) is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, disability or veteran's status
Apply on company website