Worthington Armstrong Venture (WAVE), a joint venture of Worthington and Armstrong World Industries, has established worldwide leadership in the production of suspended ceiling systems. WAVE produces metal ceiling grids that can be combined with Armstrong ceiling boards as a complete package or sold individually.
As a Corporate Senior Electrical Engineer, you will be responsible for overseeing and performing electrical engineering, and related activities associated with WAVE projects, including: facility and electrical equipment calculations, electrical equipment specification and standard work strategies, design and work plan writing and preparation, cost estimation, equipment procurement and installation, system troubleshooting (as required), and data management and reporting. In addition, this role will direct WAVE's electrical standards, leverage parent company best practices, and support the development of operational technology at 5 of our WAVE facilities. Project management for complex or comprehensive electrical projects is required.
The Senior Electrical Engineer reports directly to the Capital Project Engineering Manager.Responsibilities
- Define standards for controls, automation and infrastructure – best practice state for plants and projects.
- Develop plant self assessments to check current state to the standard and ensure plant maintenance and project activities are aligned to the standard.
- Assure current electrical systems and controls meet OSHA, NEC, and local electrical codes.
- Set strategic direction for future technology platforms.
- Define standards for typical lines including motor lists, P&IDs, MFD (mechanical functional design), and control logic.
- Develop baseline control logic for similar PLC programs
- Develop standard operator interfaces like Factory Talk, RS View, Panelviews, etc.
- 7+ years manufacturing experience in electrical engineering practicing project execution, instrumentation, process control systems
- 3+ years managing and/or mentoring of electrical engineers, electricians, and contractors.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering
- Proficient with PLC (Allen-Bradley) and (HMI) systems
- 25-35% travel
Worthington Industries operates under a long-standing corporate philosophy rooted in the Golden Rule, with earning money for its shareholders as the first corporate goal. As a market leader in metals manufacturing for nearly 60 years, we put people first, whether they're our employees, shareholders, customers or suppliers. We're looking for individuals who share our people-first philosophy and can help us continually innovate and grow through their insights, leadership and unique talents.
Worthington Industries (NYSE: WOR) is a global metals manufacturer serving growing end markets including automotive, construction, energy, agriculture, alternative fuel and many other markets. Our family of 10,000 employees in over 80 facilities throughout 10 countries has helped us earn the respect of our customers, our communities and our industry. With sales of approximately $ 3 billion annually, our company has been recognized by FORTUNE magazine as a “Most Admired Company” and four times as a “100 Best Companies to Work For.”
Worthington Industries Inc., and its subsidiaries, is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, disability or veteran's status.
Alternate Locations: Aberdeen
Apply on company website