We are dedicated to the belief that people are our most important asset. In filling job openings every effort is expended to find candidates within Worthington, its divisions or subsidiaries. Employee development, opportunity to grow and continuing to evolve both as an employee and as a company are instrumental to our success. We encourage employees to inquire about open positions and apply to those that help further their career goals.Summary
The primary role of this position is to perform a variety of basic to moderately complex engineering work in designing, planning and overseeing manufacture, construction, installation, operation, and maintenance of electric or electronic components, equipment, systems, facilities, and machinery. The Electrical Engineer is responsible for electrical power distribution within the plant. This position manages the installation and startup of new electrical systems as well as equipment upgrades. Using professional engineering experience, the Engineer identifies/assesses an issue, researches the root cause, presents options for repair/replace and recommends an appropriate action. All decisions and recommendations will need to be in compliance with current electrical codes, OSHA safety standards, Worthington safety and operational procedures. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, problem solver who has a strong work ethic to improve quality and production levels of electrical systems and equipment.Responsibilities
- Troubleshoots critical machine breakdowns through root cause analysis.
- Manages machine control code modification, creation and documentation.
- Researches, analyzes, recommends and designs basic upgrades to machine electrical systems with current technology to improve machine reliability and efficiency.
- Oversees the startup and commissioning of basic upgrades.
- Recommends and assists in developing of basic preventative maintenance program of plant power distribution equipment.
- Instructs and mentors Engineering and Shop Floor Maintenance Technicians.
- Assists in the identification and procurement of critical electrical spare parts.
- Directs outside contractors in performing electrical projects and repairs.
- Assists in the development and writing of bid specifications for new and upgrade processes and equipment.
- Assists in the evaluation of quotations for functional/operational feasibility and code/regulatory compliance.
- Assists in the evaluation costs related to services, parts and equipment.
- Manages basic to moderately complex capital projects. Includes design, cost, personnel, equipment, functionality, regulatory/code compliance and time line management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High level of electrical trouble shooting skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed with strong work ethic
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Equipment problem solving
- Ability to program, Program Logic Controls (PLCs), Human Machine Interfaces (HMIs) and other level one machine control devices
- Knowledge of electrical systems technology that will result is systems being upgraded as needed
- Knowledge of safety protocol such a lock out tag out and safe electrical work practices
- Strong attention to detail and consistent work patterns
- Ability to multi-task and work at a fast pace
- Ability to work in a team
- Basic industrial electrical training
- High voltage training (Level I, II)
- College degree preferred
Worthington Industries Inc., and its subsidiaries, is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, disability or veteran's status.
Apply on company website