The Group Leader over fire tubes and heads assists in the development, training, evaluation, and work schedules of both probationary and regular full-time employees within a given area. This role also provides support to the shift or department supervisor in achieving daily and monthly goals in safety, quality, accuracy and production. The Group Leader will be responsible for expediting work orders through the manufacturing process, accurate production reporting and maximizing resources while reducing scrap/rework. This position acts on the behalf of the supervisor, if absent. The ideal candidate is a highly analytical multi-tasker with excellent organizational and prioritizing skills.Responsibilities
- Resolve day to day issues to meet production, safety, shipping and quality goals.
- Train, develop, and maintain training sheets on all employees and make recommendations for employee advancement.
- Complete production, scrap, and rework reports.
- Provides input on full time disciplinary reports, evaluations, and makes recommendations for merit increases.
- Provide input and present seasonal evaluation and disciplinary reports and provide input on merit increases.
- Execute scheduled work orders to meet customer requirements.
- Conduct pre-shift meetings and delegate daily work assignments.
- Record daily attendance of seasonal and regular full-time employees and submit weekly payroll reports.
- Assist supervisor in Incident/Accident investigation and reporting.
- Provide a safe working environment and administer SAFEWORKS program for the assigned area.
- Act on behalf of the supervisor during absence.
- Act as First Responder during Plant emergencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous welding experience, specifically with Mig and FLUX
- Basic computer skills – MS Word and MS Excel
- Ability to interact in a positive manner with management and other employees to achieve goals
- Support and promote Worthington philosophy
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Basic ability to troubleshooting production/personnel issues
- 2-5 years experience in manufacturing / production environment
- 1st Aid/CPR Training, Emergency Response Training
- Completion of WI Management Development Program
- Basic Excel and Group Wise training
- Continuous Improvement training
- On the job training to enhance safety, productivity, and troubleshooting skills
Apply on company website