Worthington Industries is hiring Operators for our 2nd Shift (3-11PM)
$3,000 Sign-On Bonus!
Earn up to $25 per hour
No Manufacturing Experience Required
- People First Philosophy
- $14.01-$17 per starting pay, based on experience
- Opportunities for increases and bonuses every 3 months
- Excellent, inexpensive, full benefits on day one
- 401k with Company Match
- Full Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Vacation
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Growth Opportunities
With Worthington Industries, better is possible. Our focus is on making better solutions for our customers, better lives for our employees, and better stewards for our communities. All while following a Philosophy that puts people first.
Join our team and help make better possible.
The primary role for the Material Handler is handling & assembling parts in order to produce small portable cylinders. In addition, this role may package/band, weigh, and load/unload material from machines and stage material in a timely and accurate manner. This Material Handler is responsible for assembling parts, setting up machines for use as well as performing multiple tasks throughout the day to ensure safe and quality production. This position requires a self-starter with a strong work ethic and a desire to perform the duties to the highest standard.Desired Experience
- Must be able to handle physical, repetitive work and be able to stand on your feet for 8 hrs a day
- Must have good hand-eye coordination
- Mechanical aptitude a plus, but not required
- Competent in basic math and computer skills
- Must be able to handle small parts
- Must understand and follow the quality policy and procedures
- Ability to recognize quality issues and problems – detect defects
- Must be able to read, comprehend and follow detailed instructions on productions and understand English
- Must be able to read and understand bill of material and or production order
- Must be able to distinguish between part numbers and sizes
- Must follow all safety policies and procedures
- Must have good safety awareness and efficiency skills
- Oral and written communication skills – including legible writing
- Required OSHA safety training
- Must have valid driver's license
- Moves material with hands by assembling, producing, finishing, or packaging the customer product.
- May be responsible for basic test line operation.
- Package finished product for shipment.
- Follows bill of material in order to match product with proper packaging and skidding.
- May perform finishing duties.
- Performs multiple tasks to ensure ongoing machine operation.
- Performs miscellaneous tasks throughout plant to ensure safe, efficient and quality production of materials.
- May perform housekeeping duties within the plant when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Worthington Industries (NYSE:WOR) is a leading global industrial manufacturing company delivering innovative solutions to customers that span many industries including transportation, construction, industrial, agriculture, retail and energy. Worthington is North America's premier value-added steel processor and producer of laser welded products; and a leading global supplier of pressure cylinders and accessories for applications such as fuel storage, water systems, outdoor living, tools and celebrations. The Company's brands, primarily sold in retail stores, include Coleman®, Bernzomatic®, Balloon Time®, Mag Torch® and Well-X-Trol®. Worthington's WAVE joint venture with Armstrong is the North American leader in innovative ceiling solutions.
Headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, and founded in 1955, the Company follows a people-first philosophy with earning money for its shareholders as its first corporate goal. Relentlessly finding new ways to drive progress and practicing a shared commitment to transformation, Worthington makes better solutions possible for customers, employees, shareholders and communities.
Worthington Industries Inc., and its subsidiaries, is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, disability or veteran's status.
Apply on company website