We are dedicated to the belief that people are our most important asset. In filling job openings every effort is expended to find candidates within Worthington, its divisions or subsidiaries. Employee development, opportunity to grow and continuing to evolve both as an employee and as a company are instrumental to our success. We encourage employees to inquire about open positions and apply to those that help further their career goals.Summary
We are currently looking for a Maintenance Mechanic on 2nd and 3rd shift and an Apprentice on 3rd shift.
The Maintenance role must have the ability to troubleshoot basic mechanical problems in an efficient and safe manner throughout the facility. This position is responsible for primarily preventative and mechanical maintenance and must possess basic knowledge of machine repair. A successful candidate is self-motivated problem-solver that utilizes a strong work ethic to ensure all quality levels are met.
- Complete mechanical repairs and makes adjustments as needed.
- Perform preventative maintenance on all machinery as assigned.
- Successfully troubleshoot mechanical problems.
- Complete welding and fabrication tasks with little direction.
- Accountable for entering data into maintenance system timely and accurately.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Perform basic electricity in order to work in maintenance field safely.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Basic knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics and plumbing
- Basic mechanical, welding and cutting skills
- Should be capable of reading mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic prints
- Good problem solving skills, safety practices and attention to quality
- Have basic workbench and computer skills.
- Minimal amount of electrical knowledge
- Meter usage and ability to complete basic measurements
- Basic math skills
- 1 year of plant experience
- May require CPR and first aid training
- Lockout/tagout, fall protection, PPE, confined spaced training
- WI basic safety training
- Complete knowledge of standard operating procedures
Worthington Industries operates under a long-standing corporate philosophy rooted in the Golden Rule, with earning money for its shareholders as the first corporate goal. As a market leader in metals manufacturing for nearly 60 years, we put people first, whether they're our employees, shareholders, customers or suppliers. We're looking for individuals who share our people-first philosophy and can help us continually innovate and grow through their insights, leadership and unique talents.
Worthington Industries (NYSE: WOR) is a global metals manufacturer serving growing end markets including automotive, construction, energy, agriculture, alternative fuel and many other markets. Our family of 10,000 employees in over 80 facilities throughout 10 countries has helped us earn the respect of our customers, our communities and our industry. With sales of approximately $ 3 billion annually, our company has been recognized by FORTUNE magazine as a “Most Admired Company” and four times as a “100 Best Companies to Work For.”
Worthington Industries Inc., and its subsidiaries, is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, disability or veteran's status.
Apply on company website