The Painter is responsible for preparing the product per instructions and operating various painting equipment and methods without supervision. This position must be able to titrate spray wash and make adjustments as needed. The Painter also inspects material for any runs, sags or unpainted areas and retouches as required per specifications. The role will perform required maintenance on paint equipment as needed. A successful candidate is a self-motivated multi-tasker that utilizes a strong work ethic to ensure all paint quality levels are met.Responsibilities
- Must be able to titrate spray wash and make adjustments as needed. May also perform advanced wet painting.
- Prepares product prior to paint application.
- Prepares paint equipment as required.
- Paints product per job instructions.
- Takes mil thickness readings and make adjustments when out of specification.
- Must be able to make adjustments to machine as needed to maintain good quality and production.
- Performs cross hatch paint adhesion test.
- Checks all parts of paint booth for wear, malfunction, and replace as needed.
- Must be able to set up paint, set up and adjust paint guns, and paint samples.
- Must be proficient at troubleshooting most common recurring problems without assistance.
- Performs required maintenance on paint equipment.
- Assists in cleaning of paint booths.
- Handles paint, paint related materials and hazardous wastes properly.
- Must be able to correctly complete their production report as specified in the standard operating procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of powder coat process
- Be able to titrate and adjust chemical level of seven-stage spray wash
- Must possess working knowledge of powder paint booth
- Have ability to change over color modules for paint booths
- Possess troubleshooting skills
- Must be able to read and understand bill of material
- 0-6 months prior experience or equivalent knowledge
- Internal training per standard operating procedures and training sheet
- Required OSHA safety training
Worthington Industries operates under a long-standing corporate philosophy rooted in the Golden Rule, with earning money for its shareholders as the first corporate goal. As a market leader in metals manufacturing for nearly 60 years, we put people first, whether they're our employees, shareholders, customers or suppliers. We're looking for individuals who share our people-first philosophy and can help us continually innovate and grow through their insights, leadership and unique talents.
Worthington Industries (NYSE: WOR) is a global metals manufacturer serving growing end markets including automotive, construction, energy, agriculture, alternative fuel and many other markets. Our family of 10,000 employees in over 80 facilities throughout 10 countries has helped us earn the respect of our customers, our communities and our industry. With sales of approximately $ 3 billion annually, our company has been recognized by FORTUNE magazine as a “Most Admired Company” and four times as a “100 Best Companies to Work For.”
Worthington Industries Inc., and its subsidiaries, is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, disability or veteran's status.
Apply on company website