Join Our Team
1st Shift full-time core hours Monday-Friday from 6am-2pm
2nd Shift full-time core hours Monday-Thursday from 3pm-1am
- $2.00 shift differential in addition to base pay for 2nd shift
Competitive Starting Pay Range PLUS Shift Premium!
Are you looking to start a career for a strong and growing company? If so, come join our team!
Worthington Industries - Engineered Cabs is offering great pay and an excellent benefits package that starts day one, to include: Health, Dental, Life Insurance, 401k Match, Paid Vacation and Tuition Assistance. Profit Sharing and Salary Plan are available after a 90-day probationary period.
Our operators have a strong tradition of continued growth and promotion. We pride ourselves in an environment where are associates have the freedom to encourage each other to reach beyond the ordinary.
This position requires a self-starter with a strong work ethic and a desire to perform the duties to the highest standard. If you are a driven person, have aspirations for a career and are of 18 years of age, apply today!Summary
The Operator role is responsible for the safety, quality and productivity of the machine. This position is also responsible for timely processing of customer orders and flow of material, contributing to process efficiency. The Operator must also provide timely, safe and efficient operation of machines. Will be responsible for correctly tagging the finished material and moving it to the next designation and stages as required.Responsibilities
- Receives instructions, material requirements, prints, and work orders for the job.
- Plans details of working procedure.
- Stages material in work area.
- Performs routine maintenance and machine set-up if necessary.
- Operates machine to perform necessary job on parts according to instructions and to blueprint specifications.
- Performs first piece inspection using one or more method to assure all dimensions are correct and within given tolerances.
- Makes fine adjustments to machine to bring part within tolerances.
- Operates machine by performing all duties to run successive pieces, or to perform multiple operations.
- Performs periodic part inspection per job instructions.
- Places finished material on a pallet or in a container with the work order number and piece part number on the top piece of each separate item.
- Marks pallet with appropriate tag.
- Completes appropriate paperwork.
- Moves material to next destination and stages as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to lead by example, coach and train
- Can read productions and log required documentation accurately
- Above average knowledge of machine process and steel defects
- Ability to write accurate reject reports
- Basic writing and math skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to apply understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
- Ability to read a tape measure and blueprints
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and short correspondence
- Ability to read all measuring devices
- Fully understands safety training and procedures manuals
- Ability to perform all required quality checks and surface inspection of material
- Frequently is required to stand and sit
- Occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, or crouch
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to see small detail, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Forklift and crane license
- Safety training and procedures manuals
- Required OSHA safety training
- May require First Responder Training (1st Aid and CPR)
- Must have a valid driver's license
Worthington Industries operates under a long-standing corporate philosophy rooted in the Golden Rule, with earning money for its shareholders as the first corporate goal. As a market leader in metals manufacturing for nearly 60 years, we put people first, whether they're our employees, shareholders, customers or suppliers. We're looking for individuals who share our people-first philosophy and can help us continually innovate and grow through their insights, leadership and unique talents.
Worthington Industries (NYSE: WOR) is a global metals manufacturer serving growing end markets including automotive, construction, energy, agriculture, alternative fuel and many other markets. Our family of 10,000 employees in over 80 facilities throughout 10 countries has helped us earn the respect of our customers, our communities and our industry. With sales of approximately $ 3 billion annually, our company has been recognized by FORTUNE magazine as a “Most Admired Company” and four times as a “100 Best Companies to Work For.”
Worthington Industries Inc., and its subsidiaries, is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, disability or veteran's status.
Apply on company website