Shipping and Receiving is a position that handles scheduling of trucks with third party carrier. This role generates the proper paperwork for material receipts and shipments and ensures positive truck flow through the facility, inbound and outbound. This role is also responsible for timely and accurate load build and shipment of customer material to meet delivery specifications and minimize freight costs, accurate inventory, and effective communication with IP, sales and corporate transportation. A successful candidate is a self-motivated multi-tasker that utilizes a strong work ethic to ensure all shipping and receiving quality levels are met.Responsibilities
- Communicates with carriers and schedule appointments for inbound/outbound loads and follow up with carriers, sales, scheduling and quality.
- Is responsible for accurately receiving material into inventory.
- Unloads and stores material in proper locations and perform receiving transactions.
- Staging machine for work in process and accurately performs system transactions.
- Stages loads and loads trucks with products to meet delivery dates.
- Performs shipping transactions for various computer applications to meet customer requirements
- Depending on plant may transport product between plants and warehouses
- Communicates potential supply problems to supervisor and purchasing.
- Communication and coordination with outside departments on shipping/receiving.
- Ensures proper receipt of coils into computer system/computer data entry/build loads/print bills of lading complete export papers.
- Receives, stores and issues tools, etc. for plant.
- Issues material to plant wide personnel and accurately performs system transactions.
- Maintains log books for issuing of certain production components.
- Trains and mentors other shipping/receiving employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of inventory control
- Working knowledge of PC and Windows operating system (trainable for Oracle)
- Average computer skills
- Excellent forklift/material handling skills
- Basic math skills for verification of receipt quantities
- Working knowledge of applicable shipping, receiving and inventory computer transactions for update capability
- Functional knowledge of additional shipping, receiving and inventory applications for information review only
- Ability to train, coordinate, and communicate effectively with all departments
- Familiarity with all shipping related paperwork and associated system transactions that are required for daily activities
- Leadership ability
- May need advanced knowledge and familiarity with plant-wide production, purchasing and maintenance activities to facilitate the appropriate stocking and issuing of MRO items
- 6 months of previous material handling experience or equivalent knowledge
- 6 months of previous experience as Crib Attendant 1 role
- 2-5 yrs of prior shipping/receiving experience.
- Standard safety training
Worthington Industries operates under a long-standing corporate philosophy rooted in the Golden Rule, with earning money for its shareholders as the first corporate goal. As a market leader in metals manufacturing for nearly 60 years, we put people first, whether they're our employees, shareholders, customers or suppliers. We're looking for individuals who share our people-first philosophy and can help us continually innovate and grow through their insights, leadership and unique talents.
Worthington Industries (NYSE: WOR) is a global metals manufacturer serving growing end markets including automotive, construction, energy, agriculture, alternative fuel and many other markets. Our family of 10,000 employees in over 80 facilities throughout 10 countries has helped us earn the respect of our customers, our communities and our industry. With sales of approximately $ 3 billion annually, our company has been recognized by FORTUNE magazine as a “Most Admired Company” and four times as a “100 Best Companies to Work For.”
Worthington Industries Inc., and its subsidiaries, is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, disability or veteran's status.
Apply on company website