Worthington Armstrong Venture (WAVE), a joint venture of Worthington and Armstrong World Industries, has established worldwide leadership in the production of suspended ceiling systems. WAVE produces metal ceiling grids that can be combined with Armstrong ceiling boards as a complete package or sold individually.
As a tool and die technician, you must demonstrate the ability to construct, modify and repair a variety of tools, progressive dies, blank and pierce dies, cut-off dies, jigs, fixtures and other similar tooling utilized in the manufacturing process. In addition, a tool and die technician must fabricate parts from drawings, sketches or verbal instructions.
In addition to the below general responsibilities, a tool and die technician must preserve a safe work environment and work in a safe manner following all safety SOPs.Responsibilities
- Demonstrate knowledge to select metals, materials and heat-treating processes to obtain a quality part
- Select allowances for spring pressures, lapping, grinding fitting and finishing of new tooling
- Observe and diagnose machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance production
- Performa visual and gauge-specific quality inspections of parts and make corrective actions as required
- Verify conformance of finished work-piece to specifications using measuring and inspection tools
- Perofrm basic machine preventive maintenance on equipment
- Maintain all work areas and equipment in a clean and orderly condition at all times
- Perform all work in a safe manner; use proper lock-out procedures as required
- Wear required personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Required; minimum 2-5 years of experience as machinist, tool and die technician, or similar
- Required; previous experience in general die maintenance such as sharpening, repairing, grinding, timing or modifying
- Required; demonstrate ability to read complex drawings and fabricate appropriate part
- Able to lift a maximum of 40 pounds
- Able to stand 8-10 hours per day at assigned work area
- Background check required
Equal Employment Opportunity
WAVE is an equal opportunity employer. It is our goal to ensure that hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation and discipline decisions are based on the job-related qualifications, abilities and performance of employees and applicants. The Company does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability or veteran status or any other reason prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Apply on company website