The Welder is responsible for set-up and operation of advanced welding equipment. This position uses expertise to solve problems and eliminate scrap, rework and downtime while effectively repairing defective products. The appearance of the repair work must be at an acceptable level and meet high quality standards. The Welder is also responsible for operating robotic welding machines as needed and for making sure all work is done to specification. A successful candidate is a self-motivated multi-tasker that utilizes a strong work ethic to ensure all quality levels are met.Responsibilities
- Plans details of working procedure.
- Inspects finished product for completeness and conformance to all quality assurance procedures.
- Safely operates all advanced level welding equipment including robotic welding.
- Responsible for training level 1 and 2 welders.
- Sets up, troubleshoots and makes advanced adjustments welding machines as needed to maintain good production and quality.
- Utilized as weld training contact for weld lines and provides mentoring to new welders.
- Participates in improvement planning – modification of weld procedures to increase safety, efficiency, and quality.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Required to obtain weld certification to AWS/ANSI standards
- Basic Math skills
- Must have a firm understanding of volts and amps and be able to adjust accordingly
- Basic data entry skills for maintenance breakdown calls
- Capability to read and interpret blueprints, work order instructions; weld symbols, and operate required tools involved in position
- Good problem solving skills, safety practices and attention to quality
- Must understand and follow the quality policy and procedures – detect defects
- Must follow all safety policies and procedures
- Must be able to handle small parts
- Troubleshooting skills
- Able to consistently maintain production averages at or above the expected standards
- Leadership Ability
- Ability to train, coordinate, communicate effectively with all departments
- Must be able to handle physical, repetitive work and be able to stand on your feet for 8 hrs a day
- 6 months of previous material handling experience or equivalent knowledge
- 3 to 5 years weld experience
- WI basic safety training
Worthington Industries operates under a long-standing corporate philosophy rooted in the Golden Rule, with earning money for its shareholders as the first corporate goal. As a market leader in metals manufacturing for nearly 60 years, we put people first, whether they're our employees, shareholders, customers or suppliers. We're looking for individuals who share our people-first philosophy and can help us continually innovate and grow through their insights, leadership and unique talents.
Worthington Industries (NYSE: WOR) is a global metals manufacturer serving growing end markets including automotive, construction, energy, agriculture, alternative fuel and many other markets. Our family of 10,000 employees in over 80 facilities throughout 10 countries has helped us earn the respect of our customers, our communities and our industry. With sales of approximately $ 3 billion annually, our company has been recognized by FORTUNE magazine as a “Most Admired Company” and four times as a “100 Best Companies to Work For.”
Worthington Industries Inc., and its subsidiaries, is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, disability or veteran's status.
Apply on company website