Amtrol is looking for 3 [three] certified welders on 2ndshift. The Welder is responsible for set-up and operation of advanced welding equipment. This position uses expertise to solve problems and eliminate scrap, rework and downtime while effectively repairing defective products. The appearance of the repair work must be at an acceptable level and meet high quality standards. The Welder is also responsible for operating robotic welding machines as needed and for making sure all work is done to specification. A successful candidate is a self-motivated multi-tasker that utilizes a strong work ethic to ensure all quality levels are met.Responsibilities
- Plans details of working procedure.
- Inspects finished product for completeness and conformance to all quality assurance procedures.
- Safely operates all advanced level welding equipment including robotic welding.
- Sets up, troubleshoots and makes advanced adjustments welding machines as needed to maintain good production and quality.
- Utilized as weld training contact for weld lines and provides mentoring to new welders.
- Participates in improvement planning – modification of weld procedures to increase safety, efficiency, and quality.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Required to obtain weld certification to AWS/ANSI standards
- Basic Math skills
- Must have a firm understanding of volts and amps and be able to adjust accordingly
- Basic data entry skills for maintenance breakdown calls
- Capability to read and interpret blueprints, work order instructions; weld symbols, and operate required tools involved in position
- Good problem solving skills, safety practices and attention to quality
- Must understand and follow the quality policy and procedures – detect defects
- Must follow all safety policies and procedures
- Must be able to handle small parts
- Troubleshooting skills
- Able to consistently maintain production averages at or above the expected standards
- Leadership Ability
- Ability to train, coordinate, communicate effectively with all departments
- Must be able to handle physical, repetitive work and be able to stand on your feet for 8 hrs a day
- 6 months of previous material handling experience or equivalent knowledge
- 3 to 5 years weld experience
- WI basic safety training
We are dedicated to the belief that people are our most important asset. In filling job openings every effort is expended to find candidates within Worthington, its divisions or subsidiaries. Employee development, opportunity to grow and continuing to evolve both as an employee and as a company are instrumental to our success. We encourage employees to inquire about open positions and apply to those that help further their career goals.
Worthington Industries Inc., and its subsidiaries, is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, disability or veteran's status.
Apply on company website