At Xilinx, we are leading the industry transformation to build an adaptable, intelligent world. ARE YOU bold, collaborative, and creative? We develop leaders and innovators who want to revolutionize the world of technology. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, pushing boundaries, and working together as ONEXILINX, anything is possible.
Our culture of innovation began with the invention of the Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA), and with the 2018 introduction of our Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform (ACAP), has made a quantum leap in capability, solidifying our role as the adaptable platform supplier of choice. From the beginning, we have always believed in providing inventors with products and platforms that are infinitely adaptable. From self-driving cars, to world-record genome processing, to AI and big data, to the world's first 5G networks, we empower the world's builders and visionaries whose ideas solve every day problems and improve people's lives.
If you are PASSIONATE, ADAPTABLE, and INNOVATIVE, Xilinx is the right place for you! At Xilinx, we care deeply about creating significant development experiences while building a strong sense of belonging and connection. We champion an environment of empowered learning, wellness, community engagement, and recognition, so you can focus on work that matters - world class technology that improves the way we live and work. We are ONEXILINX.
Xilinx is a US federal government contractor and subcontractor. As required by Executive Order, our US employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 regardless of the employee's work location or work arrangement (e.g., telework, remote work, etc.), subject to such exceptions as required by law. If selected, you will be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit documentation of proof of vaccination or have an approved accommodation by December 8, 2021.
Xilinx is seeking a SENIOR LEVEL ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH & SAFETY SPECIALIST to be located in San Jose, CA with opportunities for professional growth and development. Our Global EHS Team is in need of an experienced, hands-on, senior level team member to support our existing and growing environmental, health and safety practice for North America operations along with supporting our Global Operations team on site-specific projects.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Delivering EHS technical support and compliance services to management in a professional, timely, and cost-effective manner.
- Projects include EHS compliance auditing, ISO management systems implementation and support, hazardous material management, health and safety program development, emergency management, risk management, permitting (air, water), energy auditing, providing EHS training to onsite staff, lab safety managemenet, and sustainability services.
- Industrial hygiene sampling experience (noise, air, radiation)
- Managing a global Ergonomic program
- Data collection, analysis and reporting (air emissions, waste, water usage)
- The successful candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, developed computer skills, good people skills, be well organized, detail-oriented, self-starter, and professional.
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Engineering, or Health and Safety area disciplines
- Knowledge of OSHA, EPA, DOT and other related EH&S regulations, codes and guidelines including permitting, reporting, regulation interpretation, and implementing EHS programs (including Ergonomics, SPCC, LOTO, HMBP, ISO standards, etc)
- Proficiency of EH&S programs in a research and development environment
- Demonstrated success with leading management and peers without authority
Years of Experience
Minimum 7 years of relevant experience
Qualifications including knowledge/experience in several of the following areas:
- Health and safety, including training
- OSHA programs
- Permitting (air, hazardous waste, hazardous material)
- Environmental, health and safety auditing
- Management system implementation (ISO 14001 / ISO 45001 / ISO 9000, etc.)
- Risk management assessments
- Environmental compliance reporting (including CDP)
Apply on company website