At Xilinx, we are leading the industry transformation to build an adaptable, intelligent world. ARE YOU bold, collaborative, and creative? We develop leaders and innovators who want to revolutionize the world of technology. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, pushing boundaries, and working together as ONEXILINX, anything is possible.
Our culture of innovation began with the invention of the Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA), and with the 2018 introduction of our Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform (ACAP), has made a quantum leap in capability, solidifying our role as the adaptable platform supplier of choice. From the beginning, we have always believed in providing inventors with products and platforms that are infinitely adaptable. From self-driving cars, to world-record genome processing, to AI and big data, to the world's first 5G networks, we empower the world's builders and visionaries whose ideas solve every day problems and improve people's lives.
If you are PASSIONATE, ADAPTABLE, and INNOVATIVE, Xilinx is the right place for you! At Xilinx, we care deeply about creating significant development experiences while building a strong sense of belonging and connection. We champion an environment of empowered learning, wellness, community engagement, and recognition, so you can focus on work that matters - world class technology that improves the way we live and work. We are ONEXILINX.
In this role, the individual will be responsible for creating system architecture specification that includes hardware and software architecture, performing system level design creation, verification and validation on a target Xilinx device. The individual will be involved in system development using video analytics and Xilinx ML IP library, developing SW framework and application to validate functionality and performance of the intelligent video pipeline on pre-silicon/target silicon device ensuring silicon architecture goals can be met. This role expects the individual to work across cross-functional teams to resolve IP and SW dependencies and minimize schedule risk. This role also requires creating customer facing documentation for the products that will be delivered to the customers. The team is dynamic and fast paced offering each of its members tremendous personal opportunity to grow their knowledge and skills in complex problem solving, product development and system engineering
Xilinx is a US federal government contractor and subcontractor. As required by Executive Order, our US employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 regardless of the employee's work location or work arrangement (e.g., telework, remote work, etc.), subject to such exceptions as required by law. If selected, you will be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit documentation of proof of vaccination or have an approved accommodation by December 8, 2021.
The AI Engine systems team plays a key role in the development of C/C++ based kernels for AI/ML systems, mapping a CNN/RNN/NLP network architecture into Xilinx AI Engine devices, system integration and performance characterization of Xilinx's advanced device families.
In this role, the individual will be responsible for mapping a specific compute algorithm into Xilinx AI Engine device, development of C/C++ kernel that performs the specific functions in an algorithm, performance simulations and optimization, system development using video analytics and Xilinx ML IP library, developing SW framework and application to validate functionality and performance of the intelligent video pipeline on pre-silicon/target silicon device ensuring silicon architecture goals can be met. This role expects the individual to work across cross-functional teams to resolve IP and SW dependencies and minimize schedule risk. This role also requires creating customer facing documentation for the products that will be delivered to the customers. The team is dynamic and fast paced offering each of its members tremendous personal opportunity to grow their knowledge and skills in complex problem solving, product development and system engineering.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Map evolving AI/ML compute functions into AI Engine's scalar and vector processor
- Create reference model using Matlab/Python libraries and verify functionality of kernels
- Performance simulation and optimization of kernels
- Develop and validate VLIW-based processor systems on both pre-Silicon and post-Silicon platforms based on different use case applications
- Solve challenging technical problems with complex SoC based systems that integrate robust algorithms and features
- Work on systems including image processing pipelines, intelligent processing (machine learning) in the DSP processor systems, compressing/decompressing that require both a system specific, and an algorithmic knowledge base
- Lead the discussion in the AI Engines Technical Solutions Team forum
- Be involved in all aspects of integrated product development, including design, prototyping, implementation, testing, and product demonstration
- Provide feedback on architecture, use cases, IP design, tools, and documentation.
BS with 5+ years of exp or MS with 3+ years of exp or PhD in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering or related equivalent
- Excellent C/C++ coding skills
- Experience in developing Math functions using Python
- Familiarity with VLIW SIMD vector processor architecture,
- Experience in processor performance and memory modeling
- Experience in creating system designs with compute engine, NOC and DDR/HBM
- Experience in system debug using gdb, Valgrind and other debug tools is required
- Experience in graph programming model, graph optimization techniques will be a plus
- Experience in kernel development using high level synthesis is a plus
- Experience in TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras is a plus
- Familiarity in Matlab signal processing library and 5G toolbox is a plus
- Strong communication skills
Apply on company website