We are looking to hire a Systems Architect for a role in our Cambridge office: extending our research and design activities in the areas of scale out architecture, heterogeneous computing, software defined infrastructure and data centre scale operating systems for Terabit edge computing.
•Working with our engineering teams in a collaborative work environment. The candidate will be an experienced hands-on developer with leadership experience, capable of developing mutual respect and ultimately a mentorship relationship with our existing engineering teams by taking on and owning development activities including coding, modelling and analysis in an agile environment.
• Researching new concepts, architectures and product directions and then bridging from research to design through prototyping, proof of concept implementations, modelling and analysis. The candidate will be expected to innovate and realise their recommendations in open debate based on technical merit.
• Collaboration with external partners in research and joint development activities.
• Technology evangelism, including academic or industry conference papers, speaking events, and liaison with our marketing teams to produce whitepapers and customer engagements
At Xilinx, we are leading the industry transformation to build an adaptable, intelligent world. ARE YOU bold, collaborative, and creative? At Xilinx, we hire and develop leaders and innovators who want to revolutionize the world of technology. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, pushing boundaries, and working together as ONEXILINX, anything is possible.
Our culture of innovation began with the invention of the Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA), and with the 2018 introduction of our Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform (ACAP), has made a quantum leap in capability, solidifying our role as the adaptable platform supplier of choice. From the start, we have always believed in providing inventors with products and platforms that are infinitely adaptable. From self-driving cars, to world-record genome processing, to AI and big data, to the world's first 5G networks, we empower the world's builders and visionaries whose ideas solve every day problems and enhance people's lives.
If you are PASSIONATE, ADAPTABLE, and INNOVATIVE, Xilinx is the right place for you! At Xilinx we care deeply about creating meaningful development experiences while building a strong sense of belonging and connection. We foster an environment of empowered learning, wellness, community engagement, and recognition, so you can focus on work that matters - world class technology that improves the way we live and work. We are ONEXILINX.
• Doctorate or Master's degree with strong numeric / experimental background, particularly Computer Science, Maths, Engineering or Physics or significant (7+ years) design and development industrial experience in systems and networking
• Independent and self-motivated, able to demonstrate technical initiative while assimilating data from multiple stakeholders.
• Logical thinking, clear concise documentation and reporting skills, good verbal communication skills
• Familiar with large scale networks, operating systems and distributed systems
• Experience with SoC environments: FPGA, GPGPU and embedded processing
• Coding skills: C/Python/C++
• Experience in performance tuning and benchmarking
Apply on company website