- 1. In conjunction with the Director/ Coordinator, works with Operational Managers and Directors at the SBO and Access as well as with IA/Compliance to coordinate related audits and reviews. Responsible for tracking information provided and the follow-up of outstanding information related to audits and reviews.
- 2. Responsible for monitoring the completion of all recommendations identified by IA / Compliance. Works with Operational Managers and Directors to ensure IA / Compliance audit tracking logs are responded to and updated in a timely fashion.
- 3. Assists in the interpretation and analyzes changes to operational procedures to determine compliance with IA / Compliance recommendations. Provides feedback to Operational Managers and Directors. Summarize activity and related status of audits and reviews.
- 4. Coordinates meetings with Access, SBO and IA / Compliance to ensure audits and reviews are conducted with minimum disruptions to operational areas.
- 5. Recommends methods for improving procedures to ensure documentation requirements are in accordance with departmental procedures. At the request of SBO / Access Managers and Directors, initiate reviews of operational procedures to determine adherence to departmental procedures.
- 6. Provides feedback to the Director, Financial Services/ Coordinator on any potential audit related issues.
- 7. Develops effective relations with all affected departments through exemplary customer relations and utilizing motivational methods to ensure that all parties respond in an accurate and timely manner to audit findings and / or the need to initiate and implement revised operational procedures.
- 8. Performs random quality assurance reviews on Access and SBO procedures. Provides feedback and offers recommendations to ensure integrity and compliance with internal operational procedures.
- 9. Performs other related duties and projects within the SBO / Access as required by the Director or Coordinator.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Healthcare management with related work experience in a hospital accounts receivable environment.
1 - 3 years experience dealing with patient accounting/auditing and quality assurance issues. Experience should involve work within a healthcare environment and knowledge of healthcare principles and accounts receivables systems.
Strong communication, organizational and project management skills. Must be exceptional with software packages including spreadsheets, word processing and database management packages. Strong analytical and mathematical skills. Knowledge of patient accounts receivables, access management and healthcare related issues. Ability to perform detailed analysis quickly and accurately and provides formal written recommendations. Ability to interpret healthcare regulations and free care guidelines.
Apply on company website