We are seeking an Area Manager to manage teams in the areas of Receiving, Placement/Inventory and Picking/Outbound to ensure moms get their orders. This will include working with the Operations Managers to ensure safety, efficiency, quality, productivity, continuous improvement and the hiring and development of teams. Additionally, it is the Area Manager's responsibility to ensure there are properly trained associates and that there needs are met. This person will be someone who likes change and enjoys getting into the details to drive improvements every single day.
Job Description Details
- Develop and administer operational procedures for perfectly executing activities for incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of products, and keeping the highest standards of inventory accuracy
- Develop and maintain a safe work environment
- Managing teams, establishing procedures, metrics and processes
- Review the work forecasts and determine the productivity requirements to meet daily building objectives
- Create a positive team dynamic that encourages all employees in the FC to adapt to the ever-changing business, and stay focused on the customer experience
- Proactively identify and lead process improvement initiatives
- B.S. or B.A. degree or equivalent additional experience
- Proven ability to effectively motivate, develop, and manage 20+ employees. Our culture is a critical part of our success, and you need help drive it.
- At least 3 years of management experience in Receiving, Inventory Control, and/or Order Fulfillment
- Experience with building or improving inventory management, order management, and warehouse management systems and processes
- Excitement for working in a start-up environment with high level of ambiguity and change
- Strong project management and continuous improvement skills
- Metrics driven mindset
- Experience with the use of Kaizens and operational excellence process improvements
- Customer service obsession, with willingness to do whatever it takes to satisfy customer needs
- Highest levels of integrity and ethics
- Proficient in oral and written English communication
About Zulily, LLC
Zulily, LLC, is a retailer obsessed with bringing its customers special finds every day—all at incredible prices. zulily features an always-fresh curated collection for the whole family, including clothing, home decor, toys, gifts and more. Unique products from up-and-coming brands are featured alongside favorites
from top brands, giving customers something new to discover each morning. zulily was launched in 2010 and is headquartered in Seattle with offices in Nevada, Ohio and Pennsylvania. For more information visit www.zulily.com. zulily, LLC, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, RTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, Zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.
Apply on company website