Job Description Details
Zulily's mission is to deliver the best shopping experience for Moms. We believe that delivering a successful business strategy requires building a successful talent strategy and that our long-term growth will directly correlate to our ability to successfully recruit, engage, develop, and retain diverse talent that can invent, optimize, and deliver for our customer.
Zulily is seeking to hire a Director of Organizational Development to build organizational capability to support the success and growth of the business. This hands-on leadership role will report to the VP, People and will lead a team of People Business Partners to provide excellent support to team members, managers, and leaders.
Drive Organization Development
- Partner with senior leadership to develop, recommend and implement programs that provide stakeholders with analysis of client organizations' health by examining and investigating trends in performance, employee satisfaction, attrition, and turnover.
- Apply end-to-end understanding of Zulily's organization and business model to work with the executive leaders and People Business Partners to design organizational structure and strategy to scale organizational capacity and support business growth.
- Use data to support and advocate for a variety of business decisions that align to the strategic direction of the organization.
- Lead complex initiatives with significant impact, including innovating on existing programs to help leaders look around corners and drive better organizational results.
Lead Talent Management Program Delivery
- Build, deliver, and evolve efficient, scalable, measurable, and value-added talent management processes and programs that cultivate a culture of ownership, collaboration, and invention to support high performance.
- Influence and lead delivery of Zulily's total compensation strategy with a focus on equity and performance differentiation.
- Establish Career Frameworks to support hiring, performance management, development, and career pathing within the organization and provide consistency, clarity, and transparency of performance standards for our team members.
Develop Manager Capability and Confidence
- Partner with organizational leaders and People Business Partners to coach and consult to build manager capability and confidence and creates a culture that values and insists on skilled management for an amplifying effect on building capability for all team members.
- Lead People Business Partners in advising managers and employees on complex performance issues providing solid guidance on legal and regulatory trends to reduce business liabilities.
Build People Org Talent
- Develop a team of exceptional People Business Partners to effectively collaborate with leaders and managers across the company to address talent priorities including succession planning, diversity and inclusion, employee engagement, performance management, learning, recognition, organizational design, and change management.
- Grow People team skills in consulting, coaching, facilitation, analytical skills, systems thinking, process design, program management, and organizational development to provide excellent support to team members, managers, and leaders.
Align People Programs
- Partner and collaborate with colleagues across the People and Employment Legal teams to influence and align the delivery of Talent Acquisition, Learning, Compensation & Benefits, Internal Communications, HR Operations & Policy, and DE&I programs to meet business and talent needs.
- 12+ years of overall HR experience, 8+ years human resource business partner experience supporting various functions, 5+ years management experience.
- Experience leading and setting short and long-term strategy for a functional area of HR.
- Experience building or scaling/evolving Talent practices.
- Effective project manager with proven ability to define outcomes and lead cross-functional project teams.
- Experience designing processes to collect and utilize available data to analyze employee engagement, identify key opportunities, and developing creative strategies to drive improvement.
- Experience in growth-oriented eCommerce, Retail, or Technology company preferred. Experience with M&A or subsidiary/parent company environments valuable.
- Change leadership experience: helping to pivot culture and improve overall effectiveness of the business and teams. Deep understanding of rapidly changing work environments and cultures. Confident and able to thrive in ambiguous and high-growth environments.
- Demonstrated ability to drive long-term initiatives and apply patience and perspective to balance short-term demands while driving progress towards long-term goals by making trade-offs, and choosing priorities carefully.
- Resilient in developing effective relationships across diverse client groups in order to influence stakeholders across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to identify root causes of complex issues and design and implement solutions across multiple organizations to solve problems. Approaches problem-solving from an evidence-based perspective, using sound reasoning while demonstrating empathy in communicating decisions and driving implementation.
- You approach your work through a mindset of curiosity, collaboration, ownership, accountability, and investment in the success of your team, partners, and stakeholders. You value experimentation, take risks, and role model a focus on continuous improvement, learning, and embracing mistakes as opportunities.
About Zulily, LLC
Zulily, LLC, is a retailer obsessed with bringing its customers special finds every day—all at incredible prices. zulily features an always-fresh curated collection for the whole family, including clothing, home decor, toys, gifts and more. Unique products from up-and-coming brands are featured alongside favorites
from top brands, giving customers something new to discover each morning. zulily was launched in 2010 and is headquartered in Seattle with offices in Nevada, Ohio and Pennsylvania. For more information visit www.zulily.com. zulily, LLC, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, RTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, Zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.
Apply on company website