Job Description Details
Zulily machine learning team is the brain of the multiple products from personalization to advertising optimization to merchandising efficiencies and instrumental in the revenue growth. It's a fun team that works together in solving hard problems using both open source and cloud technologies. We are growing fast! Our incredible growth means we face new challenges on a consistent basis.
As a Lead Systems Development Engineer at Zulily, you will be working on the evolving the technology that powers our Machine Learning Platform and Services. In this position, you must collaborate with other engineers to design and build world-class multi-clod infrastructure. You explore new technologies that will accelerate the speed of innovation. You will build software that enables Machine Learning engineers to release quality code at the pace with changing business, are mindful of avoiding technical debt, and take ownership of your team's infrastructure roadmap and everything you do.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and deploy solutions independently and as a team member
- Participate in design efforts and discussions
- Review requirements, software designs, and code
- Own the quality of the deliverables
- Collaborate across the technical team
- Operate services at high availability
- Research new technologies to support rapid growth of the business
- Strong predilection for automation
- Design in a mindset of reducing technical debt
- Consistently delivers work with started timelines
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field required. A combination of education plus equivalent work experience may be considered.
- Preferred Education: Master's Degree
- 8+ years programming experience
- Work experience with diverse stacks, including both state-full and stateless services on Cloud.
- Awesome system knowledge with strong coding experience building diverse and robust tooling
- Exceptional candidates will have:
- Worked in a multi cloud environment
- Designed and built diverse and highly-available distributed services from the ground up
- Proficiency in Java or Go language
- Experience in data-driven capacity planning
- A history of defining and supporting continuous integration and deployment
- Excellent communication skills to help onboard partners
- Personal attributes: smart but humble, with a bias for action
- Experience building, scaling and supporting AWS and Google Cloud infrastructure.
- Kubernetes proficiency
About Zulily, LLC
Zulily, LLC, is a retailer obsessed with bringing its customers special finds every day—all at incredible prices. zulily features an always-fresh curated collection for the whole family, including clothing, home decor, toys, gifts and more. Unique products from up-and-coming brands are featured alongside favorites
from top brands, giving customers something new to discover each morning. zulily was launched in 2010 and is headquartered in Seattle with offices in Nevada, Ohio and Pennsylvania. For more information visit www.zulily.com. zulily, LLC, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, RTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, Zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.
Apply on company website