Voir en Français
(as of September 13, 2017)
- CareerArc Group LLC, with offices at 3400 W. Olive Avenue, Suite 220, Burbank, CA 91505 (referred to as, “CareerArc”, “we”, “us”, “our”) provides (or in the future may provide) the www.careerarc.com, www.yournextstep.com, and other CareerArc websites (collectively, the “Site”). The Site includes a variety of services, online and mobile applications, downloadable software, products and features, including, but not limited to, CareerArc Social Recruiting, CareerArc Outplacement, CareerArc Your Next Step, CareerArc Candidate Care, and all available on various mediums or devices now known or hereafter developed (collectively, the “Services”).
Information We Collect
- We receive and collect information that identifies you or that can be used to contact you, online or offline (“Personally Identifiable Information”) (such as name, address, telephone number, email address, contact information, demographic information, work history, academic history, etc.) from: (i) you, on a strictly voluntary basis, (1) when you register on the Site, (2) when you complete or edit your profile, (3) when you use or register for the Services, (4) when you respond to surveys or questionnaires, (5) when you enter or sign up for promotions or contests; or (6) when you choose to upload resumes, cover letters, writing samples and other documents to the Site, which contain personal information about you, or personal information about third parties, such as references or contacts, that you provide to us (in such cases, you must have such third party’s consent to do so), and (ii) entities we conduct business with, including, but not limited to, social networking platforms (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) who have your permission to disclose your Personally Identifiable Information to us.
- We may also ask you for other information from time to time, which you may choose to provide or not to provide at your sole discretion, such as information regarding your views on career related topics and other selected issues, your opinion regarding various features of our Site or Services, the types of jobs or candidates you are interested in, etc.
- When you create an account on our Site or through use of our Services, you will provide information that could be Personally Identifiable Information, such as your name, username, password, postal address, and email address. You acknowledge that this information may be personal to you, and by creating an account on our Site or through use of the Services, and providing Personally Identifiable Information to us, you allow others, including us, to identify you, and therefore, you may not be anonymous.
How We Use Personally Identifiable Information Collected
- to allow you to create an account and profile;
- to enable you to provide feedback, to contact us and for us to respond to you;
- to provide information about you and your potential interest in job postings to employer customers or networking opportunities with other Users of our Site and Services;
- to provide products and services to employer customers to complete the recruitment and hiring process, such as accessing our resume database;
- to communicate with you with regard to features, functionality and your use of the Site and the Services, or to advise you of Site or Service changes or other events or occurrences which may affect features, functionality or your access to or use of the Site or Services;
- to administer sweepstakes, contests, surveys, questionnaires, polling activities and other similar events and activities that you choose to participate in;
- to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- to prevent fraud or other illegal activity, to prevent imminent bodily harm, or to protect ourselves and you from people violating our Terms of Service, which may include sharing information with other companies, lawyers, courts or other government entities;
- for other purposes specifically communicated to you when we collect the information.
- to administer our Site and Services in accordance with our Terms of Service, and/or any other agreement we may have with you;
- to send you informational or promotional communications from third parties that you have agreed to receive;
- for other purposes specifically communicated to you when we collect the information, or which are otherwise disclosed to you and to which you consent; and
- for any other purposes which are permitted or required by applicable law.
- If you are a job or internship seeker and choose to publish your profile, upload or create a resume or any other document containing Personally Identifiable Information (e.g., education and work history) so that employers can find you in our database or to participate in the CareerArc network, Candidate Care network, Your Next Step network, or any of our other networks (collectively, “Networks”), your personal profile information and resume will be accessible to employers who have access to those databases. Please note that for resumes that are either uploaded to or created through use of our Services, such resumes must not contain sensitive data relating to your (i) racial or ethnic origin (ii) political beliefs (iii) philosophical or religious beliefs (iv) membership of a trade union or political party (v) physical or mental health or genetic makeup (vi) addictions, (vii) sexual life, (viii) criminal offences or proceedings and associated penalties or fines (if applicable), (ix) Social Security Number, Social Insurance Number, or other state, provincial/territorial or national identification number, or (x) credit card or bank account numbers. If you provide us with details of a professional reference, it is your responsibility to ensure that the person is aware that you have forwarded his/her details and has consented in writing for you to do so. While we endeavor to restrict access to these databases to eligible employers, we cannot guarantee that other parties will not, without our consent, gain access to these databases as well. Employers and recruiters who have access to these databases, and other parties who have otherwise gained access to these databases, may have retained a copy of your profile or resume in their own files or databases. We are not responsible for the retention, use or privacy of resumes in these instances, or for the use or privacy of resumes or other Personally Identifiable Information of Users by any of such parties while such resumes or Personally Identifiable Information are in resume books or any of our Networks.
- With your prior permission, we may use your email address and other contact information to notify you of special promotions or additional products and services offered by us or our business partners and advertisers that may be of interest to you. With your prior permission, we may also share your Personally Identifiable Information with our business partners and other third parties to enable them to contact you regarding special promotions, products, and services they offer which may be of interest to you. You have the ability to opt-out of these types of communications at any time (see “Opt-in/Opt-out Policy” below).
- We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the Site or use the Services. These companies may use information (not including your name, street address, email or telephone number) about your visits to the Sites and other web sites, or use of the Services, in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
- We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include hosting our web servers, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, and providing customer service. These other companies will have access to your Personally Identifiable Information as necessary to perform their functions, but they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information and are prohibited from using your Personal Identifiable Information except to provide services to us.
- From time to time, we may also disclose Personally Identifiable Information to fulfill certain legal and regulatory requirements or if we believe, in good faith, that such disclosure is legally required, permitted, or necessary to protect others’ rights or to prevent or mitigate harm, or to investigate or report on activity which we believe to be unlawful.
- We may also disclose and transfer such information to a third party who acquires all or a substantial portion of our business, whether such acquisition is by merger, restructuring, consolidation or purchase of all or a substantial portion of our assets related to the Services or should any such transaction be proposed. In addition, if CareerArc becomes the subject of a bankruptcy proceeding, whether voluntary or involuntary, CareerArc or its trustee in bankruptcy may sell, license or otherwise dispose of such information in a transaction approved by the bankruptcy court.
- Users should be aware that when they voluntarily display or distribute Personally Identifiable Information (such as their email address) to others (whether in chat rooms, message boards or discussion forums, by posting jobs, responding to employers message or otherwise), that information can be collected and used by others. This may result in unsolicited messages from third parties, for which we are not responsible.
- Finally, if you provide any information to parties who operate Third Party Websites that are linked to or from the Site or Services, or if you input your information on a co-branded registration page such as that of CareerArc and another company in connection with a promotional arrangement, sponsorship or contest, different rules may apply to the collection, use or disclosure of your Personally Identifiable Information by such other party or in connection with such partnership, sponsorship or contest. We are not responsible for any such party’s use of your Personally Identifiable Information. We encourage you to review these sites’ privacy policies or terms of service before revealing any sensitive or Personally Identifiable Information.
Accessing, Updating, and Correcting Account Information and Personally Identifiable Information
- When you complete your profile to register on the Site or to use the Services, you are allowed to change or correct your Personally Identifiable Information at any time. To do so, simply log in to your account, go to your profile, and you will find options for editing the information you have submitted.
- You also have a right to request access to your Personally Identifiable Information and to request a correction to it if you believe it is inaccurate. If you have submitted Personally Identifiable Information to us and would like to have access to it, or if you would like to have it removed or corrected, please contact us using the contact information provided below. We will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request; however, in some cases we may not be able to allow you to access certain Personally Identifiable Information in certain circumstances, for example if it contains Personally Identifiable Information of other persons, or for legal reasons. We may require you to verify your identity before allowing you to access your Personally Identifiable Information.
Important Tips for Job or Internship Seekers to Use When Dealing With Prospective Employers
- Never give out your social security number or social insurance number to a prospective employer via email or before you are contracted to work for them.
- Never provide credit card or bank numbers or monetary transactions of any sort to individuals or employers, especially individuals or employers seeking initial investments or deposits, or promising reimbursements.
- Be cautious when dealing with contacts outside of your own country.
- Do not provide any non-work related personal information (i.e. eye color, marital status, etc.) over the phone or online.
- When you complete your profile to register on the Site or to use the Services, you will be presented with a series of choices regarding whether you want to receive certain types of communications directly from us or on behalf of our business co-promoters and advertisers. If you do not wish to receive any or all of such communications, you may choose not to provide your consent to such communications. By electing to opt-in to such communications, you are granting permission to allow CareerArc to send the selected communications. We reserve the right to send you communications regarding the Site or the Services, or to advise you of Site or Services changes or other events or occurrences which may affect your access to or use of the Site or Services (such as service announcements, administrative notices and the like) without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of them. If after opting-in to our Networks or receiving communications from us or our business partners, you wish to opt-out of participation in the Network or from receiving future communications, you may do so at any time. To do so, simply log in to your applicable Network account, go to your profile, and you will find options for editing your opt-in preferences, or use the unsubscribe mechanism included in our commercial communications.
- Internet Protocol (IP) Addresses and Aggregated User Data
- We may collect IP addresses from all Users of the Sites or Services, and collect and monitor other data and information about the activities of our Users on the Site or Services collectively. We only use such data anonymously and in the aggregate. This data is not used to track or monitor Personally Identifiable Information of individual Users. We gather and monitor this data to analyze trends, administer the Site or Services, or use the Services, track Users’ movements on the Site or through use of the Services, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. We also may use the IP addresses to geo-target advertisements. We may share this information with businesses we work with so that they too may understand our User base and Site and Services usage patterns, but only on a collective, aggregated basis and in a manner which does not reveal any Personally Identifiable Information about any individual User.
- When you visit the Site, the server housing the pages automatically generates a “session log.” We use session logs to help us determine how people travel through the Site. In this way, we can structure our pages so that the information most frequently visited is easier to find. By tracking page visits, we can also determine if the information we’re providing is being used.
- As you browse the Site, online ad networks we may work with may place anonymous cookies on your computer, and use similar technologies, in order to understand your interests based on your (anonymous) online activities, and to tailor more relevant ads to you. If you do not wish to receive such tailored advertising, you may use the opt-out tool of the Network Advertising Initiative found here: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices , or the opt-out tool of the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) found here: http://www.aboutads.info/choices. Opting out of tailored advertising will not prevent you from seeing ads altogether, and we cannot guarantee that these opt-out tools will always be effective; the opt-out tools are simply designed to ensure your ads will not be delivered through targeting methods from these online ad networks. We and our online ad networks provide opt-out mechanisms through the tools linked above and do not currently respond to browser “Do Not Track” signals.
Children Under 13 Are Prohibited from using the Site and Services
- The Site and Services are not intended for children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect Personally Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personally Identifiable Information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register on our Site or use our Services. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to use or register on our Site or use our Services or send any Personally Identifiable Information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under age 13 may provide any Personally Identifiable Information to our Site or through use of the Services. If we become aware that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with Personally Identifiable Information, we will delete such Personally Identifiable Information from our records where reasonably possible.
- The accounts containing your registration information, profile and resume are password protected, so only you can access your account. Passwords are for each User’s individual use only and you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your password. All personally identifiable information we collect about you is stored in limited-access servers. The Site has technical, administrative and physical security measures and safeguards in place to help protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. The Site is hosted in a secure server environment that uses a firewall and other advanced technology to help prevent interference or access from outside intruders.
- While we use SSL encryption and user passwords to protect sensitive information online, we also protect user-information off-line. All of our Users’ information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted in our offices. Only employees or service providers who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, our billing clerk or a member service representative) are granted access to sensitive or Personally Identifiable Information. Furthermore, all employees are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices.
Questions or Concerns
CareerArc Group LLC
3400 W. Olive Ave, Suite 220
Burbank, CA 91505
Phone: (818) 260-3100
Fax: (818) 260-3101