If you are eager to start a career in the fastest growing area in health care, this could be the position for you!
You will learn from the ground up and have the opportunity to develop a rewarding career while helping our clients live better lives. Our Home Health Managed Care team supports the entire BAYADA organization by obtaining initial authorizations and reauthorizations for Home Health clients across the country. This team is responsible for care coordination, ordering supplies, communicating with managed care payers, and providing ongoing authorization support for home health offices from the time of initial referral, through client discharge.
This is a non-clinical position.
Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00am - 5:30pm with a monthly rotation until 6:00pm once trained; Due to COVID, this role will be remote until at least January 2021; at that time, schedule may be a combination of WFH and in-office hours; incumbent must be willing and able to work in the office as required at that time.
As an Authorizations Coordinator/Associate, you will provide support to the team, while learning about managed care and the authorization process. In addition to performing administrative duties and data entry, you will be trained in the following areas:
- Obtaining and tracking insurance authorizations for home health services
- Assisting in the coordination of new referrals
- Facilitating communication with discharge planners, case managers, physician's offices, and clients
- Calling in referrals to BAYADA offices based on geography and specialty practice
- Establishing and maintaining trusting relationships with payors
- Assisting in the ordering of supplies and DME products
- Bachelor's Degree required OR Certified Medical Assistant w/related experience
- Minimum 1 year work experience in professional environment, or related internships
- Prior insurance/authorization experience preferred, but not required
- Professional/polished demeanor
- Flexible/adaptable to change
- Quick and eager learner
- Reliable/dependable; aligned with BAYADA's core values of Compassion, Excellence and Reliability
Founded in 1975 by J. Mark Baiada, BAYADA Home Health Care provides nursing, rehabilitative, therapeutic, hospice, and assistive care services to children, adults, and seniors in the comfort of their homes. Headquartered in suburban Philadelphia, BAYADA employs more than 23,000 field and office professionals who serve their communities in over 20 states from more than 300 offices. BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.