OverviewSpeciality Hospital is hiring for an RN (Registered Nurse) $10,000 Sign On Bonus!! Exciting opportunity for a Full Time RN to join our team at Specialty Hospital in Monroe! We have 1 day shift and 1 night shift spot available
The Registered Nurse (RN) assumes full nursing responsibility for the delivery of care to all patients in the hospital. Continuously evaluates personal and professional performance and makes necessary changes to increase productivity and quality of care delivered. Adheres to and supports the policies/procedures/goals/objectives of the hospital in an attempt to provide quality patient care. Strives for independence and strong sound decision making in delivery of health care, and does so in a cost-effective manner without compromising quality of care and techniques. Develops the patient plan of care and implements treatment strategies that are based on scientific nursing theory related to self-care and that promote physical, psychosocial, and spiritual health. Maintains patient confidentiality at all times. Possesses good communication skills, both verbally and written. Specialty Hospital
, a part of LHC Group, is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping people.Additional Details
- Possesses the specialized knowledge and clinical skills necessary to provide care for people with physical disability and chronic illness.
- Shares information about the disease processes and underlying disabilities with other nurses and team members
- Performs hands-on nursing care by utilizing the nursing process to achieve quality outcomes for the patients.
- Initiates and completes a nursing assessment within the specified time frame, according to hospital policy.
- Assesses the physical, psychological, socio-cultural, and spiritual dimensions of patients and their families, as well as their educational and discharge needs in order to formulate a plan of care.
- Implements a plan of care based upon recognized functional needs/problem lists, and modifies the plan of care as needed, to achieve measurable goals and objectives.
- Develops goals in collaboration with patients, their families, and the team, that are oriented to wellness behavior and are reality based and encourage socialization with others.
- Participates in the interdisciplinary team process at team conferences and other team meetings and offers input into team decision making.
- Intervenes with team members and other healthcare professionals to ensure the optimal recovery is made available to the patient.
- Collaborates with team members to achieve cost-effective care by utilizing appropriate clinical measures to meet the patient's needs.
- Documents nursing interventions, changes in the patient's condition, physician visits, etc., on the nurses daily flow sheet, according to the hospital policy and procedures.
- Administers medications according to hospital policy and procedures within the designated time frames.
- Possesses knowledge of ventilator settings/parameters and telemetry/cardiac monitoring.
- Demonstrates the ability to assess a situation, consider alternatives and choose appropriate courses of action with a pro-active attitude.
- Demonstrates an ability to perform duties in a manner consistent with the patient's Bill of Rights.
- Demonstrates the ability to delegate and supervise nursing tasks to LPNs, CNAs and clerks as indicated.
- Recognizes emergency situations and responds appropriately using current ACLS protocols.
- Teaches nursing techniques to help patients and their families develop self care skills necessary to move toward wellness on the illness-wellness continuum.
- Prepares patients and families for future decision making responsibilities by fostering their independence and goal achievement.
- Reinforces teaching done by the other team members and provides resource materials for the patient's changing needs.
- Provides in-services education as needed to patients and their families in regard to disease processes
- Assists with the education of the nursing staff in regards to patient care issues and disease processes by conducting one in-service at least every six months.
- Dietary management responsibilities include supervising and/or delegating the supervision of patient tray checks for accuracy of each diet ordered, portion sizes of all three meals each day for each patient; reports discrepancies in the patient's meal and/or meal service to the Registered Dietician and if necessary, ensures that the correct tray is re-ordered and delivered to the patient in a timely manner.
- Registered Nurse from an accredited school of nursing.
- ICU experience, preferred.
- Current RN license in the state of Louisiana
- CCRN/PCCN certification, preferred
- Knowledge of general nursing theory/practice and the ability to supervise and delegate to LPNs, CNAs, and other support staff as appropriate.