OverviewAngels of Mercy Homecare is hiring for a Social Worker (MSW) ***This is a PRN position.***
The Social Worker (MSW, Masters Social Worker) in Home Health assists patients and families in coping with problems resulting from severe or long-term illness, and with difficulties in recovery and rehabilitation. The Social Worker (MSW) will assess, diagnose, and treat patient's mental and social conditions, counsel individuals and|or families, and update case records. The licensed social worker with a master's degree performs these functions under the supervision of the licensed master's degreed social worker.
Angels of Mercy Homecare, a part of LHC Group. is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping people. Additional Details
- Assists the patient, significant others, physician and health care team staff to understand significant personal, emotional, environmental and social factors related to the patient's health status on an as needed basis.
- Contributes as a health care team member to the development of a comprehensive, integrated Plan of Care for patients on a daily basis.
- Instructs health care team members on community resources available to assist patients on a as needed basis.
- Plans for continuity of care with hospitals and community agencies on an as needed basis.
- Assesses social and emotional factors related to patients illness to determine ability to cope with daily living problems on as needed basis.
- Assists the patient and significant others to understand, accept and follow medical recommendations on as needed basis.
- Assists the patient and significant others in utilizing community resources as needed.
- Identifies gaps in community resources and stimulates resource development and|or improvement as needs arise.
- Visits patient according to Plan of Care. Completes a clinical note for each visit and submits clinical notes to the agency on a daily basis. The MSW will give daily report to the Administrator regarding patient visits to ensure continuity of the Care Management process.
- Participates in LHC Connect and completes all required hospice assigned modules on-line and attends assigned in-services on a monthly basis.
- Able to function as Bereavement Coordinator and supervise the provision of bereavement services reflective of patient|family needs if needed. Establishes a Plan of care that addresses bereavement needs with clear delineation of services to be provided and frequency of service delivery up to thirteen (13) months following the death of the patient.
- Functions as a preceptor to new hires.
- Master's Degree from a school of Social Work accredited by the Council of Social Work Education.
- One year of social work experience in a healthcare setting.
- Current CPR certification.
- Current driver's license, vehicle insurance, and access to a dependable vehicle or public transportation.