LHC Group is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From home health andAdditional Details
hospice care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers
patients to manage their health at home. More than 60 leading hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered
with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group,
because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping people.
- Able to obtain vital signs to include: temperature, pulse, blood pressure, respirations, and SaO2 accurately.
- Measures fluid intake and output accurately.
- Measures meal intake daily and submits to the nurse at the end of the shift.
- Collect specimens according to hospital policy and procedure.
- Able to give enemas, douches and/or sitz baths as directed according to hospital policy and procedure.
- Follow s standard precautions according to hospital policy and procedure.
- Applies compresses, hot/cold packs as directed according to hospital policy and procedure, under the direct supervision of the RN
- Able to recognize potential for or actual skin problems and reports to the nurse.
- Assists in the delivery of treatments to patients as directed by the RN.
- Able to bathe patients according to hospital policy and procedure
- Able to perform ADL's as directed.
- Makes patient beds according to hospital policy and procedure.
- Able to apply splints and adaptive equipment as directed by the therapists or RN.
- Understands the Fall/Risk protocol by careful observation of those patients that are at risk for falls.
- Transports patients, equipment, and supplies in accordance w ith hospital policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates safe and proper transfer techniques and body mechanics w hen w orking w ith patients.
- Understands and able to follow through w ith dysphagia techniques during meal time w ith patients that have sw allow ing problems.
- Able to position patients properly in the bed and w heelchair as directed by the therapists or nurse.
- Able to demonstrate the proper use of equipment as directed by the nurse or therapist according to hospital policy and procedure (IVAC, B/P
machine, Jobst Pump, CPM, etc.).
- Cleans and stores equipment properly.
- Cleans and keeps w ork areas and patient rooms neat and tidy.
- Updates the patients' bulletin boards in their rooms as needed on a daily basis.
- Checks the patient food trays and distributes as directed by the nurse.
- Performs other duties under the direct supervision of the RN
- Performs CBGs under the direct supervision of the RN.
- Formal Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience: Less than 6 months
- License, Registration, and / or Certification Requirement: Yes
- Education Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Education Requirements: Currently enrolled in an accredited school of nursing and completion of a fundamental clinical nursing course.
- Education Requirements: Completion of one semester of nursing clinicals.
- License Requirements: CPR certification.
- Skill Requirements: Know ledge of basic nursing techniques and skills.
- Skill Requirements: Effective verbal and w ritten communication skills.