OverviewTennova Healthcare Home Health is hiring for a Per Diem Licensed Social Worker (MSW, LCSW)
This is a PRN
position. The Social Worker (MSW) in Home Health assists patients and families in coping with problems resulting from severe or long-term illness, and with difficulties in recovery and rehabilitation. The Social Worker (MSW) will assess, diagnose, and treat patient's mental and social conditions, counsel individuals and|or families, and update case records. The licensed social worker with a master's degree performs these functions under the supervision of the licensed master's degreed social worker.
Tennova Healthcare Home Health, a part of LHC Group. is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping people. Additional Details
- Assists the patient, significant others, physician, and health care team staff to understand significant personal, emotional, environmental, and social factors and difficulties related to the patient's health problems; which interfere with maximizing the benefit of medical services and the plan of care.
- Contributes as a health care team member to the development of comprehensive, integrated treatment plans for patients.
- Instructs health care team members on community resources available to assist patients.
- Plans for continuity of care with hospitals and community agencies.
- Assesses and treats social and emotional factors related to patient's illness to determine ability to cope with daily living problems.
- Assists the patient and significant others to understand, accept, follow, and implement medical recommendations.
- Assists the patient and significant others in utilizing community resources which will help the patient to achieve and maintain optimal functioning.
- Identifies gaps in community resources and stimulates resource development and/or improvement.
- Visits patient according to Plan of Treatment; completes a progress note for each visit; and submits progress notes to the agency on an at least weekly basis.
- Participates in staff conferences and committees as necessary.
- Provides in-service to agency staff as needed
- Sends the physician a written summary report on patient's condition at least every 60 days
- Master's Degree from a school of Social Work accredited by the Council of Social Work Education.
- One year of social work experience in a healthcare setting.
Additional State Specific Requirements
- Current CPR certification.
- Current driver's license, vehicle insurance, and access to a dependable vehicle or public transportation.
- TN: Licensed as a Social Worker from the State Board of Social Work.