Come work at a place where we take pride in creating a workplace environment that values hard work, commitment, and growth.Job Description:
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field of study or equivalent years of related work experience required
PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred.
- At least five years of HRBP or HR Generalist experience
- Advanced knowledge and application of Human Resources principles, practices and employment law
- Demonstrated experience in coaching leaders on driving performance and development
- Human Resources experience in a retail and multi-unit environment preferred
- Experience leading people preferred
- Professional demeanor and presentation
- Strategic Thinking
- Data trending and analysis with story telling
- Advanced business acumen
- Facilitates strategy sessions with business partners
- Develops and facilitates presentations to business partner audiences
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong internal customer service orientation; team member advocate
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with, and influence, field leadership
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including written and oral presentation
- A true belief in and practice of positive team member relations in all aspects of the business
- Oversee and guide all HR responsibilities for multiple districts with a focus on integrating HR in to all aspects of business operations.
- Acts as strategic business partner to District Managers for all HR related needs.
- Consults with front line management to provide day-to-day HR guidance (e.g., coaching, separations, career development, and disciplinary actions).
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Influences and monitors the district level workforce planning and execution. Partners with Talent Acquisition to implement staffing strategies and resolve staffing challenges.
- Analyzes trends and metrics with a focus on improved compliance and creative solutions.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Supports salaried hiring decisions and succession planning.
- Conducts talent and performance assessments, as well as recommends necessary development based on trends and findings.
- Supports and monitors HR transactions with the business and internal business partners.
- Identifies and creates long term initiatives that are aligned with the strategic agenda
- Influences and supports the Talent Management agenda with business partners
- Advocates the use of feedback mechanisms and utilizes trends and suggestions to influence business decisions with business partners
- Proactively coaches and counsels
- Promotes and educates others regarding the link between HR and business partner and the business
- Maintains status as expert for progressive HR practices and key trends ensuring alignment with business partners and understanding impact
- Leads projects and/or HR initiatives/roll outs that require cross-functional expertise
- Focuses business leaders on the behavioral development of their teams
- Ensures fair, urgent dismissal of behaviors that jeopardize the brand
- Timely resolution of team member relations issues – complaint with labor law and company policy
- Compensation consultation related to exempt level roles
- Develop a thorough understanding of and follow Academy's policies, procedures and safety rules
- Responsibilities may change; team members may be required to perform other duties as assigned
Physical Requirements & Attendance
- Frequent local and overnight travel if partnered with Store, occasional travel if partnered with Corporate or DC
- Embraces flexible scheduling as needed to support business (early morning, nights, evenings, weekends and holidays)
- Acceptable level of hearing and vision to perform job duties
- Adhere to company work hours, policies, procedures and rules governing
Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate with regard to employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
Apply on company website