Oversee the Army National Guard (ARNG) Substance Abuse Program (SAP) and Suicide Prevention Program (SPP), and risk reduction support. This position will oversee the program encompassing suicide prevention, referral to substance abuse assessment services, education, risk reduction, and leadership training in order to positively impact retention efforts and enhance combat readiness.
- Oversees the ARNG Substance Abuse and Suicide Prevention Programs.
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships with State Points of Contact (POCs).
- Provides direct supervision, management and oversight of the Prevention Coordinator(s) (PC) and Suicide Prevention Program Coordinator (SPC).
- Establishes and implements program goals, objectives, and standard operating procedures congruent with national directives.
- Coordinates and conducts Substance Abuse Prevention (SAP) Training for ARNG Units that meet or supersede the requirements in AR 600-85 and AR 350-53.
- Coordinates Suicide Prevention (SP)and Bystander Training for ARNG leaders and units that meet or supersede the requirements in AR 600-63, DA-PAM 600-24, and ALARACT 057-2014.
- Provides delivery and review of Unit Risk Inventory (URI) and Reintegration Unit Risk Inventory (RURI) reports to the corresponding state level POCs.
- Creates and provides Unit commanders with the Risk Mitigation Plan (RMP) which includes recommended training based on URI results.
- Manages DAMIS accuracy and timeliness for SAP training and case management.
- Ensures CIMS accuracy and timeliness for SP.
- Manages the Substance Abuse referred Soldier cases from initial referral to final disposition stats.
- Serves as a member of the Community Health Promotion Council (CHPC) and the Adjutant General's Alcohol and Drug Intervention Council (ADIC).
- Establishes and maintains relationships with community based providers.
- Establishes and keeps current a state resource catalog.
- Provides required weekly/monthly reports to the RM.
- Creates and provides monthly status reports for both SAP and SP.
- Attends and provides an information briefing for Substance Abuse and Suicide—Interim Progress Reviews.
Other Job Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
- 4 years of practical experience in Substance Abuse Prevention, Suicide Prevention, or Resilience and program and case management
- Instructing and briefing skills with various audiences
- Managerial and or supervisory experience
- Ability to work variable schedule as duties require, including weeks that state units are conducting training
General Job Information
Work ExperienceCase Management, Substance Abuse Prevention, Suicide Prevention, Supervisory
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Apply on company website