Allied Universal®, North America's leading security and facility services company, provides rewarding careers that give you a sense of purpose. While working in a dynamic, diverse and inclusive workplace, you will be part of a team that fuels a culture that will reflect in our communities and customers we serve. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for all full-time positions!
Allied Universal is currently hiring a Field Supervisorfor the Woodbury area of New York to support operations for remotely managed accounts by performing on-site supervision of Security Professionals and ensuring site coverage at all times.
Field Supervisors work closely with Operations Managers on a day-to-day basis to supervise remote service delivery.
Hourly Pay Rate: $20.00 / hour
- Perform day / night site visits to inspect & supervise SPs in field
- Address escalation of "after hours" & "cold start" calls to ensure sufficient coverage at customer sites
- Work with Operations Managers to coach, counsel, discipline, train, and manage relationships with SPs
- A Field Supervisor (FS) supports operations for remotely managed accounts by performing on-site supervision of Security Professionals (SPs) and ensuring site coverage at all times. FSs work closely with Operations Managers on a day-to-day basis to supervise remote service delivery.
- Responsible for visiting assigned post locations on a regular basis (specific schedule varies) to monitor performance, address daily operations issues, communicate policy changes or company information, adjust staffing schedules as needed, and make post inspections to ensure professional image (including the hygiene and uniform appropriateness of officers) and quality standards are being maintained; Post inspections also include checking that Post Order manual and all other post and training information is being properly maintained and updated, and that the Post is being properly maintained, cleaned and organized;
- Responsible for conducting on-the-job training, in coordination with Post Commander, of new employees assigned to post, or when changes to post orders are made – this may include orientation to the post, review of post orders, routine responsibilities, and how to respond to emergency situations or specific client needs;
- Respond to call-offs that occur during the FS's shift, which may include identifying other individuals to fill-in and/or standing post until such replacements arrive and also assist Scheduler with scheduling for call-offs or other changes that occur at the site;
- Identify any personnel problems occurring at posts, such as payroll issues, employee relations complaints or other concerns, and forward any such issues to Operations Manager and/or Corporate HR Director; may also be responsible for writing a report of the situation or assisting with an investigation, as directed by Operations Manager or Corporate HR Director;
- May be responsible for administering counseling or disciplinary actions that have been initiated by Branch Manager and/or Corporate HR Director; Field Supervisor may not make or initiate such decisions on his/her own, but may execute such actions at the specific direction of Branch/Corporate HR management;
- Distribute information to posts as directed by Branch or Corporate office, which may include communicating such information to Security Officers at posts and/or obtaining signed acknowledgements or other documents, and returning such documents to Branch or Corporate office;
- Respond to client or site emergencies as they arise, including ensuring appropriate communication to Operations and/or Branch Manager;
- In the event of an abandoned or open post, Field Supervisor is responsible for identifying available qualified personnel to fill the post as quickly as possible, however, Field Supervisor may be required to “stand post” on an as-needed basis for an undefined period of time, depending on business needs; this may include long-term assignments to specific posts or various posts as needed;
- Field Supervisor is responsible for maintaining all current BSIS licenses and ensuring a working knowledge of all posts within his or her regional area of responsibility;
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent required. Some college education or business classes desirable
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of professional-level experience required and prior experience in the security industry, law enforcement and/or military highly desired;
- Experience in scheduling, operations or other functions of security industry a plus;
Driving Positions: must possess a valid Driver's License with at least one year of driving experience, a clean driving record (no major violations within last 36 months, no more than 1 accident in last 24 months, no more than one minor moving violation in last 24 months), a minimum level of insurance as required by Company policy, and the ability to safely operate a vehicle required.
- Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines;
- This position requires excellent attendance and punctuality. Incumbents must commit to being on time, must be able to work in a very independent environment, and ensure all directions and instructions from the branch office are followed consistently and thoroughly (such as delivery of items to client sites, training of officers at sites, standing post as needed, etc.).
- Licensing requirements are subject to state and/or local laws and regulations and may be required prior to employment.
- Ability to write effective and concise reports in neat, legible handwriting is required;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software a considerable plus;
- Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion;
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required;
- Ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization, including with clients, while functioning as a team player required.
Allied Universal® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or relationship/association with a protected veteran, or any other basis or characteristic protected by law. For more information: www.aus.com
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Diversity and Inclusion, have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, or require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment and/or employment process, please contact our local Human Resources department. To find an office near you, please visit: www.aus.com/offices.
Apply on company website