We are North America's leading security services provider with over 300,000 phenomenal employees. At Allied Universal, we pride ourselves on fostering a promote from within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Security Professionals and today hold positions on our senior leadership team. For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental, and vision coverage, life insurance, employee assistance programs, and more! We also offer company paid uniforms and part-time and flexible schedules!
SUMMARY: This hands-on position is responsible to ensure that operational goals are met or exceeded through recruitment, screening and selection of all hourly guards for the branch office and that an appropriate pool of candidates is sourced and hired.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Those duties necessary to meet the minimum requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned:
- Conduct and/or oversee all recruitment related activities for assigned branch office(s) including: sourcing, advertising, job fairs, social media advertising and other innovative recruitment strategies.
- Facilitate onboarding and orientation programs for new employees
- Creates and maintain all employee personnel files, including employment equity, work permit documentation, benefits information in accordance with company policies and legal policies
- Oversees administration of company uniform program, including sizing, issuance of uniforms, timely return of uniforms, assistance with replacements, and maintaining all paper and electronic files associated with the program
- Manages all employee WinTeam data entry, including new hire set up and personnel data Coordinates with Payroll to ensure changes are completed accurately. Responds to questions as needed
- Utilizes online tools to provide timely responses.
- Processes weekly reports for Corporate HR
- Conducts Recruitment audits on a regular basis.
- Coordinates employee relations programs under the direction of Corporate Human Resources.
- Liaise with Scheduler, Service Managers, for proper placement, overtime control and forecasting/meeting the staffing needs of the branch
-Ensure that all applicants are prescreened, evaluated and processed in accordance with Allied recruitment compliance practices and procedures
- Attend all branch, recruitment and other meetings as needed
- Submit and Follow up on all Background and Activity Verification requirements (Sterling) within appropriate timelines
- Assists with various administrative duties as assigned by the Branch management team, Human Resources Director, or Regional Vice President
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills,
and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
● High School Diploma or equivalent required. Some college education or business classes are desirable.
● 1-2 years of Human Resources experience preferred.
● Excellent customer service skills and ability to be flexible, a team player, and interface professionally with all levels of internal and external business.
● Demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
● Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
● Must be highly proficient and fully functional in all Microsoft Office applications and able to effectively utilize all available office management technology.
● Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion. Must have proven ability to maintain correspondence, discussions and materials in strictest confidence. Must be able to work overtime as needed.
● Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion.
● Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization, including with clients, while functioning as a team player required.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use both hands, is frequently required to stand, sit, stoop, talk and hear (communicate verbally in person and via regular telephone equipment), and must be able to read computer screens, correspondence and reports in English.
The employee must constantly walk, stand, reach with both hands and arms, and must be able to drive a vehicle. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. May be required to climb stairs on an intermittent basis at client sites. The job is generally performed in an office setting; however, during site visits the employee may be subject to adverse conditions such as rain, cold or heat for short
periods of time. The ambient noise level is usually quiet, consisting of normal conversations, business machines (copiers, printers, etc.) and telephones, but occasionally may be above-normal for portions of the shift.
The employee must be able to concentrate on details, work under deadline pressures, apply sound logic and judgment, and prioritize tasks and responsibilities.
Must be able to focus and multi-task in a busy environment, with the ability to successfully handle stressful situations in a calm and professional manner. Includes being able to effectively manage multiple employees with diverse personalities and engage them to perform at optimum levels.
Must be able to clearly speak, read and write English.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. This is
not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Other duties and responsibilities
may be assigned, with or without notice.
Apply on company website