We are North America's leading security services provider with over 300,000 phenomenal employees. At Allied Universal, we pride ourselves on fostering a promote from within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Security Professionals and today hold positions on our senior leadership team. For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental, and vision coverage, life insurance, employee assistance programs, and more! We also offer company paid uniforms and part-time and flexible schedules!
Allied Universal is seeking Professional Security Guards in Canada.
This position description assumes that the individual has satisfied all basic requirements for employment by Allied Universal, including, but not limited to: security licence validation and criminal police information check as applicable (CPIC), credit reference(if applicable), background check, minimum age, and minimum education (high school diploma or foreign equivalency, or earned GED). Additionally, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The individual in this position is required to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by this position's management.Main Responsibilities
Allied Universal is Canada's leading provider of security solutions. Our company specializes in hiring and training security professionals to meet all of our client's needs. At Allied we have partnered with many major companies in securing office buildings, commercial properties, warehouses, distribution centers, financial services/banking properties, and transportation and logistics sites.
Join our team today! Currently, we are seeking Part Time Security Guards.
Specific Duties Performed and Essential Functions
- Access control for the facility/area
- Present a polished, professional, customer friendly image at all times
- Ability to manage conflicts and incidents and to deescalate
- Patrolling and following protocols as per the post orders, which may include indoor or outdoor patrols, manage the movement of guests at various points throughout the property etc.
- Ensure that the facility's safety and emergency procedures are followed in response to fire alarms and other site Emergencies
- Undertake site specific training, follow direction and guidance from Site Supervisor or Manager
- Demonstrate good judgment, common sense and decision-making ability, particularly when required to take charge and direct others in emergencies or other incidents
- Meticulous record keeping, report writing, observation skills excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Operate/monitor security room equipment, Completion of site required training
- Perform Access control and Covid Screening duties
- Valid Provincial Security Guard Licence
- Valid First Aid & CPR and AED
- Must have a minimum high school diploma or GED
- Shifts may vary from Days/Evenings/Overnights - flexible availability is an asset
- Exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Positions may require the use of a computer for report writing and communications
- Applicants with security experience or Valid Drivers, Licence and reliable form of transportation may be considered for more advanced positions
Apply on company website