What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Title : ASIC Design Engineer
Role : This role gives exposure to the whole design cycle. It entails developing USB Blocks from definition, requirements, architecture to verification
The Person :
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and writing skills. Able to provide clear and logical presentations and documentation. Has an open mind and attitude. Transparent. Willing to admit and learn from mistakes.
- Works well with others in a team environment
- Work is performed with limited supervision. Strong sense of task scheduling and deliver on time as committed milestones.
- Develop micro-architecture for USB blocks based on architectural requirement.
- Conduct design reviews of designs in technical presentations to peers and management
- Develop RTL code for USB blocks in Verilog HDL and make sure functional correct and reusable for different configuration.
- Oversees Synthesis and netlist delivery that meets timing, area and power bounding box. Assist physical design team on the floor-planning and timing closure.
- Work with Design Verification team to ensure quality for architecture definition and design implementation.
Preferred Skilled Sets :
- Working experience in ASIC design industry.
- Strong knowledge in computer architecture and interconnects.
- Strong experience in high speed IO controller design (e.g. USB, PCIe, SATA, Thunderbolt) . USB and/or Thunderbolt a strong plus.
- Experience in full ASIC design cycle: requirements definition, architectural and micro-architectural specification, RTL, design verification, floor-planning, synthesis, timing closure, post-silicon validation
- Expert on Verilog RTL design and has experience of large digital ASIC project.
- Familiar with front-end EDA tools and flows.
- Familiar with Unix/Linux and scripts (tcl, perl, ruby and etc.)
Education : MS or BS in Electrical Engineering/Computer Engineering/ Computer Science
Requisition Number: 80033
Country: United States State: California City: Santa Clara
Job Function: Design
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Apply on company website