What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, Immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing phenomenal technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
AMD's India is looking for an experienced SOC Director to lead the SOC design team and deliver the next generation of leading-edge APU chips.
- Wants to Own Something that Matters: This is a definitive leadership role for our SoC Design Team. It is high visibility and requires someone who will drive and deliver solutions.
- Seeks New Challenges: It is a hard role – those who thrive in this role love to tackle new challenges and are able to flex across many fields, both technical and operational, to overcome any obstacle.
- Tenacious: This is a fast-paced role that requires swift action, constant communication, and never-ending drive for improvement.
- Communication: Must have excellent interpersonal skills and will be interacting with audiences ranging from executives to entry level engineers. Ability to comprehend complex technical challenges.
- Learns Fast: Demonstrates the ability and desire to learn quickly and to proficiently absorb new information.
- Adaptable: This role requires an ability to adjust to factors on the ground, guiding your team to deliver solutions while navigating real-time changes to business or customer requirements.
- Leadership: Able to lead teams of both direct and dotted-line reports to get results. Successful manages large scale projects. This includes contractors and ODCs
- Project Management: Strong project and budget management capabilities.
- Transferable Experience in Semiconductors: Requires some combination of expertise in semiconductor RTL design, architecture, design for test, design verification , product test, semiconductor physics and/or semiconductor manufacturing.
- Advises the design and development of SOCs from concept to tape-out and owns the Si support from validation to production
- Lead the functional teams for Design, DFx, Verification and Physical Design.
- Plans and advises the chip definition, budget and schedule working the architecture and different IPs teams
- Supervises the project team coordination from initiation through delivery.
- Responsible for ensuring the completion of the SOC Chip on schedule and within budget constraints, meeting all the POR requirements.
- Responsible for mentoring and strengthen the team
- In depth knowledge of ASIC design fundamentals and the chip development process.
- Hands on design experience on at least a few aspects of chip design – Architecture, RTL, synthesis & Implementation, DFX, physical design and Design Verification.
- Chip development involves multi-functional IPs/SOC teams across geographies
- Acts independently to achieve schedule and design requirements
- Have strong management, technical problem solving, communication and presentation skills
- Preferred Engineering Degree specialized in VLSI development with an overall of 15+ years of work experience.
- Hyderabad, India.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and will consider all applicants without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. EOE/MFDV
Requisition Number: 80441
Country: India State: Telangana City: Hyderabad
Job Function: Design
Apply on company website