What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Field Applications Engineer - Individual Contributor The Role:
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
We are looking for our next senior staff member to help AMD drive a new era of computing into the datacenter, by engaging with key end users and platform and software partners, to demonstrate AMD technology differentiators addressing their business needs in real world usage scenarios.
Providing technical support to commercial end user accounts within their defined region(s) or vertical market(s). Accountable to the commercial sales team and the field engineering director for all aspects of technical engagements required to support sales and account objectives, as well as occasionally providing training to teammates.
Nurturing a deep technical understanding of server processor SOC architecture, operating systems (Linux and Windows Server) and hypervisors (ESXi, KVM, Hyper-V), compilers, and application software. Demonstrating the synthesis of this knowledge to understand application performance both in the datacenter as well as in the client systems.
Providing support across: Cloud Service Providers, High Performance Computing, Financial Services Industry, Large Enterprise, Media and Entertainment, Telco Service Providers, with a special emphasis on platform and end user workload optimization.The Person:
Does this sound familiar? We'd love to talk!
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (written, verbal and presentation skills)
- A good balance of hardware, system architecture and software expertise
- Able to prioritize, working independently as well as part of a team
- Proven success building strong internal (sales, marketing, engineering) and external (customer) relationships
- Proficient written and spoken Arabic is required
- Willing to travel up to 40%
- Articulate AMD-based technology offerings across multiple market verticals
- Provide hands-on, expert-level technical assistance to end-users
- Partner with other AMD and vendor subject matter specialists to build specific customer solutions
- Analyze vendor product solutions and evaluate product performance based on customer needs
- Be a technical advisor to sales in the design and integration of customer applications using AMD based datacenter and client solutions
- Install and test solutions in-house, as required, to ensure successful deployments and evaluations
- Lead technical design sessions; architect and detail technical solutions that are aligned with end-user objectives
- Design and own the execution of evaluations to ensure a quality solution is delivered
- Gain a solid understanding of the competitive landscape and clearly articulate the technical differentiation and value proposition associated with AMD versus its competitors
- 8+ years as a senior level engineer (or equivalent technical role) combined with 2+ years in a customer-facing role
- Demonstrated knowledge of at least one market vertical(s) including cloud computing, HPC, software defined storage and data analytics
- Proven knowledge of the server software ecosystem in one or more areas including OS, hypervisors, compilers, and profiling tools
- Hands-on experience in the setup and configuration of server systems including software, networking and storage infrastructure
- A solid knowledge of server hardware ecosystem at the node, rack and datacenter level
- Experience in application/workload profiling, tuning and performance assessment a plus
Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent (Computer Science or Electrical Engineering preferred)Location:
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Requisition Number: 79682
Country: United Arab Emirates State: Dubai City: Dubai
Job Function: Field Application Engineering/ Field Sup
Apply on company website