What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Linux Kernel - Scheduler Development/Performance Lead
As a Linux scheduler subject matter expert in our Linux Server Operating Systems team – bring an understanding of computer architecture and operating system concepts designed for the x86-64 architecture. Design and develop core CPU and SOC features for the Linux kernel and related open source projects. This opportunity gets you involved in all phases of the software development!
A Linux kernel developer with strong analysis and problem-solving skills who will deliver responsive and efficient solutions that bring new AMD processors to market with virtualization solutions. Engage proven technical collaboration to guide the process of AMD hardware enablement for new generation CPUs. Utilize polished written and verbal communication skills to work with on-site and offshore teams, analyze system requirements, coordinate feature design and development with other teams.
Lead small team of linux sched developers in supporting, optimizing, and enhancing the Linux scheduler in support AMD EPYC CPUs.
Lead small scheduler focused team to identify bottlenecks and optoimizations/features to advantage EPYC CPUs. Drive features and functionality to our partner technical teams including the Linux kernel community. Support the solutions offered by our partner companies. Review code, build unit tests, and write detailed documentation. Collaborate!
- Expert understanding and experience with the Linux kernel (especially sched and mm) and related upstream development workflow
- Advanced programming skills in C for operating system kernel & systems development
- Exposure to KVM/QEMU (including x86-64 virtualization extensions) is a plus
- Experience with the GNU toolchain
- Proficient use of git
- Experience with open source software development, building and submitting patches on a mailing list, and working with external software partners
- Deep understanding of operating systems concepts, data structures, x86-64 architecture, and virtualization
- Experience with low-level debug tools as well as emulators and simulators
- Experience running, analyzing, and tuning system performance benchmarks
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or other relevant field
- Master's Degree preferred
Requisition Number: 96070
Country/Region/Location: India State/Province: Karnataka City: Bangalore
Job Function: Design
Apply on company website