What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Manager Interconnect IP Silicon EngineeringThe Role:
Are you interested in an engineering management role that offers the opportunity to show off your technical leadership, exceptional engineering, creative problem-solving and people skills?
AMD Infinity Fabric is the scalable coherent interconnect used across all our product segments including EPYC, Ryzen, Radeon, Semi-Custom products, and Deep Learning solutions.
This highly visible position is a unique opportunity to lead post-silicon engineering functions (feature enablement, firmware collateral, validation, debug, documentation, power, and performance tuning) for AMD's Infinity Fabric across the full spectrum of AMD products - with focus on time-to-market. You will lead a dedicated, high-caliber and a collaborative team to deliver on-time, high-quality products while simultaneously growing your technical abilities in emerging areas like machine learning.The Person: A successful candidate will:
- Have passion for working on state-of-the-art complex computing systems
- Be a self-starter who enjoys finding better and faster ways to solve challenging problems
- Possess a track record of technical leadership, excellent communication, documentation, and mentorship skills
- Have demonstrated ability to network, establish relationships, and influence effective decision-making across multiple functions and levels within the organization
- Be highly organized, able to prioritize, and balance multiple workstreams
- Work closely with Infinity Fabric architects, micro-architects, performance and DV teams to understand new features, different product configurations, operating modes, optimal routing configurations, recommended settings, tuning requirements, etc.
- Lead the Infinity Fabric IP silicon team, providing guidance in setting goals, developing testplans, debug efforts, publishing programming guides and executing tasks in a timely fashion with due diligence
- Engage with product, platform validation and diagnostic development teams to ensure stressing of all new or important design features
- Engage with firmware/software/modeling teams, deliver initialization/configuration settings, and ensure their correctness
- Develop processes to improve efficiency and productivity of the team
- Provide guidance on lab space, equipment allocation, budgeting, purchasing and maintenance
- Make technical contributions to debug tools, documentation flows, power reduction and performance tuning to ensure overall success of products
- Propose and drive Design-For-Debug requirements to the micro-architecture team to improve debug of future designs
- Participate in discussions on next-generation design ideas, providing feedback based on silicon learnings and evolving software usage models
- Proven experience in design, DV or silicon validation on multiple generations of CPU processors or Graphics chips
- Strong background in computer architecture/microarchitecture/microprocessor design, interrupts, memory ordering, MMU, caches and coherency concepts
- Preferably broad understanding of system architecture, x86 or ARM ISA, interconnects (NoCs) and IO subsystem design
- Experienced in power-saving techniques in logic design and/or power tuning on silicon
- Familiarity with hardware description languages like Verilog or VHDL
- Good programming skills in C, Python, Ruby or Perl
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering; Masters or PhD degree preferred
Requisition Number: 80727
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Design
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Apply on company website