WHAT YOU DO AT AMD CHANGES EVERYTHING
We care deeply about transforming lives with AMD technology to enrich our industry, our communities, and the world. Our mission is to build great products that accelerate next-generation computing experiences – the building blocks for the data center, artificial intelligence, PCs, gaming and embedded. Underpinning our mission is the AMD culture. We push the limits of innovation to solve the world's most important challenges. We strive for execution excellence while being direct, humble, collaborative, and inclusive of diverse perspectives.
AMD together we advance_
We are recruiting outstanding engineers with a passion for heterogeneous computing to lead the definition, specification, and development of AMD next-generation architectures. You will join a team whose architecture and systems activities cover a wide range of disciplines including ML for datacenter and embedded computing applications; emerging memory technologies; on-chip interconnects; specification, modeling, analysis, programming of modern heterogeneous multicore architectures.
Your curiosity will drive your learning and innovation to improve how we as a group, and an organization, can get better every day. Your peers will provide you a results-oriented and encouraging environment for your career growth, fueling your opportunity to be a part of Delighting Our Customers.
- Defining programming and system interfaces to leverage the performance of AIE accelerators in a portable and scalable way
- Implementing efficient programming abstractions for ML, signal processing and HPC applications
- Applying strong software engineering skills to enable the implementation of key application use cases on the next-generation architectures
- Functional/performance validation and analysis of the architecture for key application scenarios
- Provide results/reports on micro level and system level
- Technically interact with internal engineering and marketing teams, as well as external customers
- Strong modern C++ programming experience and scripting skills
- Strong background in modern parallel architectures
- Strong programming experience on SIMD or SIMT accelerators
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Interest in technology and eagerness to learn
- High level understanding of microarchitecture at the system and SoC levels
- Definition of HW/SW interfaces at the application and/or system levels
- Good understanding of on-chip interconnect architectures and memory hierarchy in heterogeneous architectures
- MS/PhD Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field, or similar work experience
LOCATION: Austin, TX
At AMD, your base pay is one part of your total rewards package. Your base pay will depend on where your skills, qualifications, experience, and location fit into the hiring range for the position. You may be eligible for incentives based upon your role such as either an annual bonus or sales incentive. Many AMD employees have the opportunity to own shares of AMD stock, as well as a discount when purchasing AMD stock if voluntarily participating in AMD's Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You'll also be eligible for competitive benefits described in more detail here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity, inclusive employers and will consider all applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective laws throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
Apply on company website