WHAT YOU DO AT AMD CHANGES EVERYTHING
We care deeply about transforming lives with AMD technology to enrich our industry, our communities, and the world. Our mission is to build great products that accelerate next-generation computing experiences – the building blocks for the data center, artificial intelligence, PCs, gaming and embedded. Underpinning our mission is the AMD culture. We push the limits of innovation to solve the world's most important challenges. We strive for execution excellence while being direct, humble, collaborative, and inclusive of diverse perspectives.
AMD together we advance_
MTS SYSTEMS DESIGN ENGINEER
The Systems Integration and Validation group takes a key role in the development of software and hardware to validate, test, and characterize AMD-Xilinx's next-generation FPGA families at the system level.
We are looking for a Senior Systems Design Engineer to work in the Systems Integration and Validation team at the AMD-Xilinx Hyderabad office. The team focuses on pre-silicon, post-silicon validation, triaging issues and debugging system level issues, and driving complex system level issues to resolution together with design and verification team.
- Responsible for pre-silicon validation using FPGA platforms/Emulation platforms, and post-silicon validation, SOC bring-up using system level stress testing software , debugging, characterization and compliance testing of SOC products multi-core embedded ARM CPUs.
- Some key expertise in some but not all of the below.
- FPGA based pre-silicon validation and support for early software development
- Development of validation tests, ranging from directed tests for specific SOC blocks and IO interfaces to OS based system tests
- Post-silicon SOC bringup/debug/validation,
- Participation in the definition of reference boards and bringup of SOC
- Collaboration with SOC architect, design and verification teams, software development teams, and systems team
- Run regression tests using our system-level verification tool
- Develop scripts to automate regression tests
- Degree in Computer or Electronics Engineering (preferred)
- 8+ years of experience designing and developing embedded systems software
- Experience working with hardware engineers for HW/SW integration
- Programming languages: C, Assembly
- Good communication (verbal and written) and teamwork skills
- Experience with PCIE , CXL, NIC will be plus
- Nice to have experience and expertise with CPU (ARM v7 or x86), bus interface and protocols (AXI, AHB, etc.), high speed interfaces (DDR2/3, , Ethernet, SD, USB,SATA, Video etc.), and computer systems
- Experience with FPGA based prototyping and validation
- Experience with post-silicon validation, debug, high speed interface characterization and compliance/interoperability
- Strong background in SOC trouble shooting, including hands-on experience with lab instruments and JTAG based debug systems including oscilloscopes , waveforms analyzer
- Experience with PCIE , CXL, NIC
- Experience with Emulation systems like Palladium/Veloce/Zebu
- Experience using Xilinx Vivado and EDK tools
Benefits offered are described: AMD benefits at a glance.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity, inclusive employers and will consider all applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective laws throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
Apply on company website