What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Reliability, Availability, Serviceability (RAS) Architect
AMD's reliability, availability and serviceability (RAS) architecture team is hiring to analyze and optimize high-performance System-on-a-Chip (SoC) designs for Cloud computing, machine intelligence acceleration, and immersive mobile processing.
Candidates excited to tackle the most complex and exciting challenges in the computing industry are encouraged to apply. A strong candidate will have experience with reliability modeling and performance simulation.
- Serve as a RAS Architect in AMD's RAS Architecture team.
- Participate in microarchitecture exploration, reliability modeling, and analysis for SoC designs that include next-generation CPU cores, GPU cores, memory technologies, and interconnects.
- Propose and develop new ideas to improve processor architecture to solve system RAS issues.
- Propose and develop tools and methodology to perform reliability analysis of architectures, workloads and production systems.
- Experience with CPU, GPU, or computer system microarchitecture.
- Experience with the development and usage of computer system performance simulation.
- Strong programming skills, including experience with C++ and Python (or similar).
- Experience with reliability modeling techniques such as architecture vulnerability factor (AVF) or system reliability analysis is desirable.
- PhD in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a closely related field of study plus one year of experience as a Computer Architect, Design Engineer, or in a closely related processor design role.
- MS in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a closely related field of study plus four years of experience as a Computer Architect, Design Engineer, or in a closely related processor design role.
Boxborough, MA or Austin, TX
Requisition Number: 77965
Country: United States State: Massachusetts City: Boxborough
Job Function: Design
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Apply on company website