What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Senior Machine Learning Developer
Join us to help develop and fine tune our product development and engineering pipeline solution that enables AMD platforms crush the competition!
Our team writes large scale infrastructure software and tools using C#, Ruby and C++ for Windows and Linux environments. Our software is utilized during all stages of product development across multiple AMD sites and includes distributed automation processes, web applications and databases to track millions of records generated by thousands of systems. We are constantly adapting our software development processes to manage the challenges we accept.Join us, if you are passionate about solving problems and working with the latest technologies, both hardware and software!
We are looking for a Machine Learning (ML) Engineer to help us create artificial intelligence systems that will improve our product development and validation pipeline. Your primary focus will be designing and developing machine learning and deep learning systems, running machine learning tests and experiments, and implementing machine learning algorithms to building high quality prediction systems integrated with our products.
Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Design and develop machine learning systems to improve our product development and validation pipeline
- Understand business objectives and developing models that help to achieve them, along with metrics to track their progress
- Research and implement appropriate ML algorithms and tools
- Engineer appropriate datasets, verify data quality and select data representation methods
- Define required pre-processing or feature engineering, supervise \data acquisition process if more data is needed
- Analyzing the errors of the model and designing strategies to overcome them
- Determine model optimization approaches, and run relevant machine learning tests and experiments
- Perform statistical analysis and fine-tuning using test results
- Define validation strategies and deploy models to production
Preferred Skills and Attributes:
The ideal candidate has extensive experience working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams, engineering and developing and testing ML application working with large data sets using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods and data tools, building and implementing machine learning and statistical models.
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Proven experience as a Machine Learning Engineer or similar role
- Solid understanding of probability, statistics and algorithms, data structures and modeling
- Experience leading small teams in all stages of machine learning application development
- Web-based application and user interface development experience with .NET, Node.js, Typescript
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, Ensemble methods, CNN, LSTM etc.
- Proficiency with deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, Keras or PyTorch
- Proficiency with Python and basic libraries for machine learning such as scikit-learn and pandas
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- Must have 2-5 years of experience in machine learning role developing and deploying machine learning applications
- BSc in Computer Science, Mathematics, or similar field; Master's degree is a plus
- Markham, Ontario
Requisition Number: 79976
Country: Canada State: Ontario City: Markham
AMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact AskHR@amd.com.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.
Apply on company website